PDA

View Full Version : 98 to 99 or newer pcm

minytrker
April 2nd, 2007, 06:34 AM
I have desided to take the plunge and upgrade the 98 to a 99 or newer pcm so I can run OS#5. Does any one have detailed instructions and or links on what needs to be done. I have the same software the dealer uses so I can look up pretty much anything on the car.

eboggs_jkvl
April 2nd, 2007, 06:42 AM
Biggest problem is the wiring difference of the harness for the 98 as compared to the 99+. Talk with Doc, I think he can help you.

Elmer

ChipsByAl
April 2nd, 2007, 07:03 AM
Is this an F car? If so I have created detailed instructions on how to. I just havent put it into a web page yet.

minytrker
April 2nd, 2007, 07:20 AM
Is this an F car? If so I have created detailed instructions on how to. I just havent put it into a web page yet.

yep its a 98 trans am

eboggs_jkvl
April 2nd, 2007, 08:49 AM
If you need a place to host the instructions, I think I can work something out for you.

Elmer

ChipsByAl
April 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks Elmer, I have a site. It is just that they need some cleaning up still and time is at a premium.
Al

minytrker
April 2nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks Elmer, I have a site. It is just that they need some cleaning up still and time is at a premium.
Al

Can I look at what you have? Maybe I can help clean it up some.

Garry
April 3rd, 2007, 05:23 AM
You could put it up in the Wiki @gmtuning.info, guess there'd always be a couple of folks that could help with formatting and proof reading ...