PDA

View Full Version : LBZ Main Injection Pulse Time

JoshH
April 3rd, 2007, 11:43 PM
I've logged a few times and everything seems to be working like it should. The only thing that really bugs me is I can't seem to figure out how to log main injection pulse time. When it's at idle it sits right around 400 uS or a little more, but as soon as I give the truck any throttle it drops to right around 300 uS. Is anyone else having trouble logging this on the LBZ ECM or is it just me? If it worked for you what PID are you using?

GMPX
April 4th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Josh, can you please forward one of your log files to support@efilive.com

Thanks,
Ross

JoshH
April 4th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Ross, I'll send it when I get home this afternoon. Thanks.

JoshH
April 4th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Okay, I just found a log file I had posted on another website. I emailed it to the support@efilive address. If it doesn't work for you let me know and I'll send you another log this afternoon when I get home from work.

JoshH
April 6th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Alright, I just resent another email with 4 files zipped into one folder. Hopefully this time the attachment doesn't get deleted.

GMPX
April 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I think it might be an issue with the scantool, I'm looking in to it.

Thanks,
Ross

JoshH
April 17th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Ross, I got that update you emailed loaded in my computer. It now logs higher, but it still doesn't seem to match what my tuning is saying it should be. Just as an example, last night I made a tune that called for 1858 uS at 26,000 PSI of rail pressure and 100 mm3 of fuel. According to my log, at these values I'm only getting 1558 uS of injection duration. Is that normal or is my log not logging accurately?

Also, unless I missed something I don't see a way to log desired or delivered torque. I don't think my mm3 is following my tune requests either, but I don't know why and I think being able to log torque would help me figure out what is going on.

edit: I do have torque PIDs, but they don't validate on my truck. I guess I'm wondering if they should or not.

GMPX
April 17th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Don't expect the times to match your main pulse table exactly, though, that does seem a little way out. It's possible you have too many PID's selected and the communications delay between actual and reported is out.

As for the torque, the DMA PID for that was not defined for your operating system, I've since added it in. It will be in the next update.

Cheers,
Ross

JoshH
April 17th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks Ross. Is there a target number of PIDs we should have enabled to achieve the best possible logging?

GMPX
April 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM
It's not so much the number of PID's, it's the number of channels.
Try to aim for 24 or less channels for best speed, and on the LBZ ECM that will give you very fast data logging.
The number on channels is shown at the bottom of the PID selection screen in the scantool.

Cheers,
Ross

Racehemi
April 24th, 2007, 05:08 AM
I have three logs that show main pulse width in the 300-400us range. I also have a previous log(different truck) that showed the correct pulse width. Any ideas?

JoshH
April 24th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Was the one that wasn't reading correctly an 06 LLY?

Racehemi
April 25th, 2007, 11:30 AM
No, it was an 06 LBZ

GMPX
April 30th, 2007, 02:00 AM
There was an error in an earlier release that showed Pilot times instead of main. This was using V7.4?

Cheers,
Ross

Racehemi
April 30th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Could it be related to OS 12604138 (06 LBZ), I have successfully scanned OS 12606128 without issues.

I believe my EFILive is current, Scantool = 7.4.2 build 515, build 644, Tune = 7.4.2 build 622 w/205 calibrations available.

GMPX
May 10th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Those pulse times are not a standard GM supported PID, we (EFILive) must define those for each OS, so yes it is possible that it works fine on one O.S but not another.

Cheers,
Ross