PDA

View Full Version : Just got EFI live now how to register?

B_Erickson_00
April 4th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Hey bought efi used and has one license left and i cant figure out how to register it so it doesnt say Demo when i start it up.... Any help is appreciated
thanks
Brad

Chevy366
April 4th, 2007, 06:35 AM
http://download.efilive.com/tutorials/Interactive/FlashScan%20V1%20Licensing.htm

B_Erickson_00
April 4th, 2007, 06:42 AM
thanks. Where do you get the key number? used for registering efi??
BRAD

Chevy366
April 4th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Not for sure but I think the key number is generic , just the cable serial number is all that is needed . Best I remember the License Tutorial gave the key number .
Some one else with more experience with that may have to help you .

Wonder why someone does not sticky the V1 and V2 license Tutorial to the Forum start page instead of the Download section ?
Or is it there somewhere ?

Ninety8C5
April 4th, 2007, 10:18 AM
You should have gotten the registration information from the person you bought it from. You might be able to send the cable serial number to 'support@efilive.com' and ask them if they can give you the required info. I don't know if that is an option or not. :nixweiss:

B_Erickson_00
April 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM
so not all the 16 digit keys are the same???

Tordne
April 4th, 2007, 05:54 PM
You will have a 12 digit serial number which is obviously a unique number. Then the activation code which will also be unique (being random and all) :)

B_Erickson_00
April 4th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Since i bought this used wat would happen if i cant find the information??? I have the serial number but no activation key....
BRAD

Tordne
April 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Did you not get a blue registration card with the purchase?

B_Erickson_00
April 5th, 2007, 03:10 AM
I bought it used from a guy on dieselplace and he didnt include the blue registration card i sent him an email so hopefully he still has it. But if he doesnt what am i going to need to do
BRAD

Blacky
April 5th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I bought it used from a guy on dieselplace and he didnt include the blue registration card i sent him an email so hopefully he still has it. But if he doesnt what am i going to need to do
BRAD
Send the serial number and the Authorization code to me at paul@efilive.com. I will send you the correct license details.

You can obtain the Authorization code as follows:

1. Conenct FlashScan to your computer
2. Start the tuning tool software
3. Select menu option Help->FlashScan V2 VIN licensing...
4. Select the [Authenticate] tab page.
5. Click the [Copy] button.
6. Paste the value into the email.

Regards
Paul

Tordne
April 5th, 2007, 09:02 AM
LOL, you just beat me Paul :)

TAQuickness
April 5th, 2007, 10:45 AM
LOL, you just beat me Paul :)

How do you like those "Paul" beatings :D