PDA

View Full Version : Error with EFI Live...help?

SOOTBALLER
April 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Just got the new update that was posted 30 minutes ago for the new license, however after loading it and trying to program the PCM, it says, "Bootloader error. MOdule has returned to normal operation"

Can anyone help with this? Basically it will not load the tunes onto the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TAQuickness
April 5th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Sootballer - Welcome to the forum.

I've sent an email to Paul and Ross linking them to this thread. You should have an answer soon.

SOOTBALLER
April 5th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I have sent them a message as well. Thanks very much. Got everything ready, just can't get the info into my truck. I'm sooo anxious to get this going, but keep hitting speedbumps.

GMPX
April 5th, 2007, 11:07 AM
When you try to do this there will be a file created in a folder -
\My Documents\EFILive\V7\Bug reports

Find the most recent file in there ending in .blx and Email that to support@efilive.com, that will help us track down your issue.

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
April 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM
For some reason, EFILive is not waiting for the required time delay prior to attempting to reprogram the PCM. For security reasons, the PCM prohibits programming until at least 10 seconds after the ignition has been switched on. Usually EFILive will wait until that 10 seconds has elapsed prior to programming. But in some cases it looks like EFILive is not waiting and the PCM rejected the programming attempt.

Until we update the software to wait correctly, please turn the ignition on, then wait 10 (or 15 to be sure) seconds before starting the reprogramming attempt.

Regards
Paul