PDA

View Full Version : Still thunkin' about 'new' car...

emarkay
April 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM
No luck on a decent lo-mile Camaro. :(

Test drove new Mustangs and they are really as bad as they always were - and 26K for a cheap plasticy car - maybe for 18K, but no way for that much $ for what you get.

Test drove all the V8 Dodge/Chryslers today, and found the 5.7 Hemi more responsive than the 6.7 SRT8! The 300C has HID lamps and a sunroof, line in jacks and radio controls on the wheel, as well as no OnStar spies, and a decent interior; would be nice to own, but it's 36K! The Dodge has no HID, and is still 33K (AWD version - knock 2K off for "only" RWD).

Found the perfect 2007 Corvette only 50 miles away in stock, but I am not paying 41K for a car! (I only paid 55K for my house!) I hear the 2008 LSx Camaro is going to be in the 35K range, and that's just too much...And the 2 seat Solstice has no cargo space...

So no one's making a 25K and under, 300 hp, RWD car? :(

So I will keep the 2000 Z28 and look at modifying the Oldsmobile for fun.
(BTW, anyone got a nice set of black leather 98-02 Firebird front seats for sale?)

Who here knows anything about the 1977 "B" bodies? How to stuff an LSx and a 5 speed OD auto in there? What about 'souping up" the anemic 180HP stock Olds 350 engine and bolting in a later 4sp OD tranny?

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Oh, and my kid is looking for his first car. Found a nice 1995 Camaro V6 for 3K - but it's "arrest me Red". Still the best thing we've seen in a while 'round these parts...

TAQuickness
April 7th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Nothing wrong with arrest me red. He's gotta learn somehow :D

ScarabEpic22
April 7th, 2007, 05:46 PM
You are gonna hate me, but the "other" software has Mustang V8 tuning in beta...

Im still happy I went EFILive over everyone else, their CS is top notch and they have all be awesome in answering questions and helping me out!

emarkay
April 8th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Still think now that EFILive has found new vigor in the oil-burner community that they should hire a programmer or two to do DCX and Ford. But, it is their company, and as GM outgasses into SUV oblivion, someone else will take the lead... I hear that the new Dodge Challenger is going to make the new Camaro look like a wind-up toy...

Blacky
April 8th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Still think now that EFILive has found new vigor in the oil-burner community that they should hire a programmer or two to do DCX and Ford.

You never know what is just around the corner...:Eyecrazy:
Paul

TAQuickness
April 8th, 2007, 11:43 AM
you're killing me Paul. :D

emarkay
April 14th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Paul, April fools day was a few weeks ago... You know how tight my hats are.