PDA

View Full Version : User Notes

Lextech
April 7th, 2007, 11:59 AM
When I add a note in the USER COMMENTS tab for any given table, that note goes to the same table tab for other tunes in my collection. Any Thoughts ?:nixweiss:

hquick
April 7th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Hey...so it's not just me!
I noticed that whilst playing around with my fuel tank settings. I thought it odd that others had typed exactly the same thing as me in those note tabs.:Eyecrazy:
Ha Ha, now that's funny...I didn't pick up on that Jeff!

Lextech
April 7th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Actually I had the same thought as you Howard. The first 8-10 times I saw this, I thought--Man, that is written just like I would have written it, it even has the same numbers. Duh! :bash: Hopefully someone can explain/correct this.

Ninety8C5
April 8th, 2007, 03:33 AM
If I remember correctly, when you put comments in 'User Notes' it goes in a file in the folder '\My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\Notes' such as 'B5934.txt' or whatever table you made the comments about.

When you open any tune file that has the same table number, the comments are displayed. In other words, they are table specific not tune specific.

Lextech
April 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Ninety8C5, Thank You. That is not exactly the answer I hoped for. I wish the notes were dedicated to their own tune.

Biggsy
April 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Ninety8C5, Thank You. That is not exactly the answer I hoped for. I wish the notes were dedicated to their own tune.

I would like that feature too

Cheers,

hquick
April 8th, 2007, 11:14 AM
I put 'rescaled for 159L' in my notes for my tune and it added it to other tunes that weren't rescaled.
This could cause some serious confusion.

Ninety8C5
April 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I don't think the 'Users Notes' are there for indivual Tune comments but for general comments like 'increase this table to richen A/F ratio...'.

If you want to make 'tun' specific comments use the 'Comments' tab under the 'Details' window that appears when you open a 'tun' file (Table Bxxxx rescaled for 159L).