PDA

View Full Version : 3000 stall will not lock up

woody69
April 8th, 2007, 11:39 PM
lq9 4l65 with a 3000 stall and it doesn't want to lock up. is there anything in the programing that I need to do different. tr224 cam and ls6 intake with headers. Thanks Woody

Biggsy
April 9th, 2007, 08:21 AM
3000 stall in my 4l60e locked up fine when I drove it home from the trans shop with no programming mods.

Is it definately a converter with a clutch?

Cheers,

Doc
April 9th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Have you been monitoring the tranny temp as well? If that converter is not locking or if the pcm thinks it is locked and in reality it is still slipping it is going to be creating a lot of heat. Which can be catastrophic for the rest of the transmission. Pull it and inspect the trans and send the verter off to whoever built it. Most likely the lockup clutch is toast. I am going thru this painful process right now. Soon I will have a brand new Yank 4k SS and someone else will have a deal on a fresh TCI 3500 SS.

woody69
April 12th, 2007, 02:52 AM
any other ideas. I loged tcc mode today and on a 30 min trip up to 80mph still says off, trany temp is at a max of 160. I even lowered the tcc mode 10% and still the same thing no lockup. On the tcc mode pid does it tell when it is locked or is it going to tell when the signal is sent to lock it up ? Pulling what little hair I have left out. Please help.. Woody

joecar
April 12th, 2007, 03:02 AM
The TCCMODE pid tells what the PCM is commanding...
so it would seem that the PCM is never commanding TCC lock.

Thinking Out Loud (TOL)...
I wonder if doing a CASE relearn would help...?
Are the misfire pids showing any misfires...?

woody69
April 12th, 2007, 03:14 AM
no misfires but the tccduty cycle maxed at 98 and avg 68 %

joecar
April 12th, 2007, 04:29 AM
TCCDC will not matter until TCCMODE says "applying" or "locked".

Post your log.

SSpdDmon
April 12th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Can you lock it with the Bi-directional controls? You obviously need to be moving in third or fourth gear to do this. So, I'd try to grab a friend and see if that would work if you haven't done so already.

woody69
April 12th, 2007, 06:48 AM
OK here was the problem. my brake switch went bad and was like holding the brakes on so the convertor wouldn't lock up. BOY DO I FEEL STUPID!

joecar
April 12th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Don't feel bad... many variables all interacting with everything... but you managed to find the cause.

There's a TSTATE pid that shows the brake swtich position.

Round Rock TJ
April 24th, 2007, 08:12 AM
So what if the converter (like mine) is always locked in 4th? Kinda makes the truck a dog on the hwy. I just got my V2 today so I am not sure if it is a tune problem or mech problem.