PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader Rejected

KWSUNDELL
April 9th, 2007, 05:04 AM
I'm trying to download the stock ECM tune. It starts communicating with the ECM and then I get the following message:

Preparing ECM for reading flash
ECM seed is $78D3
Error
Disconnecting
Disconnected

then a box pops up that says :Error - Bootloader rejected
Reason - No Reply

I'm using the latest version of EFI Live.

Any suggestions?

wait4me
April 9th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Did you select the correct pcm type from the drop down menu on the read box? usually it is the cause. If not, let me know and i will help get you figured out.

KWSUNDELL
April 9th, 2007, 05:20 AM
I did that before trying to scan the ECM. I've got a 2004.5 LLY.

Do I need to disable OnStar? If so, what fuses need to be pulled?
I've got a Compustar alarm / remote that I don't know how to disable.

wait4me
April 9th, 2007, 06:58 AM
NO when you get onto the Read pcm section, there is a drop down menu you have to select the lly pcm type. Im not talking about the one in the scan tool.

KWSUNDELL
April 9th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I did select the LLY controller type in EFI live. I started originally with version 7.3 and it didn't work at all. When I upgraded to 7.4, It looked like it was going to work, but then gave me the error message.

wait4me
April 9th, 2007, 07:35 AM
IF the read screen is like this, and you changed it to say lly and it still dont work..... Do you have an aftermarket radio? If so the box they use on them does not shut off comunication so you need to pull the fuse for it then. Radio fuse under the hood on the drivers side.

KWSUNDELL
April 9th, 2007, 07:54 AM
My screen looks just like that. I have the factory radio so that's not the problem. Perhaps it is the alarm. I've got to figure out how to disable it completely.

wait4me
April 9th, 2007, 08:24 AM
What firmware does the V2 have in it? the latest is 55

KWSUNDELL
April 9th, 2007, 08:32 AM
I upgraded it to 55 as soon as I got the unit.

wait4me
April 9th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Does the v2 say it is in CAN mode on the screen when it connects to your truck? Does the V2 read the vin?

KWSUNDELL
April 9th, 2007, 08:58 AM
For some reason it worked this time. I've downloaded my stock tune and can start making changes to it. Thanks for your help.

voodoolord
October 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM
This is an old thread but I thought I would post just to help anyone else with this problem. I had the same issue today and all it took was unpluging the V2 unit from the obd and usb and plugging it back in. Hope that helps someone :nixweiss:

GMPX
October 21st, 2007, 07:32 PM
The only thing I can think of there is for some reason the V2 picked up either the TCM or it went in to CAN mode.

Cheers,
Ross