PDA

View Full Version : P1514 and at my witts end

tazinhawaii
April 9th, 2007, 04:25 PM
OK, I've read all the other posts and made sure everything in my tune was setup right. Here's my setup... C5R 427 with twin PTS T-64 turbo's, 95# injectors, 90mm TB, AFR 225's, etc. (listed in my sig below). I've got road runner and have been tuning for a while. I'm going MAFless because at ~8psi, the MAF was maxxed out and caused some severe tuning issues. I've got everything setup for SD tuning. I've set the following tables as high as they will go (max values). C3003, C2911, C6101, C6102. The problem is it keeps popping a code 1514 and going into reduced power mode at about 7-8 psi boost. I tried disabling p1514 in the diagnostics area, but all that does is cause the code not to come up, but the car still goes into reduced power.... I'm trying to increase my boost VE table values to try and fix this, but I've had no success so far. Am I missing something? Are there any PID's I can log to see what the computer thinks airflow is by MAP and speed density?

Also, for some reason I'm not getting any LTFT's now. I can't believe that everything in the LTFT table would be 0.0 except cold idle and WOT (both around -2%).

ANY help would be appreciated.
Derrick

wait4me
April 11th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Send the tune to me, ill check it for you and fix the errrors.

tazinhawaii
April 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I posted it in the Gen III section (.tun file and log of it happening). I figured it may get more replies there.

Thanks,
Derrick

exploder
November 15th, 2008, 03:15 AM
did you ever get this fixed? my car hits the 1514 all the time as well whenever I am at the track.

tazinhawaii
November 15th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Yes. It has to do with the VE tables and if the PCM calculates airflow greater than 2.42 g/cyl (I think that was the number) then it throws this code. It seems to be a hardware fail safe. What you have to do is lower the VE tables and then lower your IFR a corresponding percentage. This basically tricks the computer into thinking there is less airflow but also tricks it into thinking you have smaller injectors. The two will even out and it will work. There is a much better write up on this either here on this board or on the corvette forum that I did.

Derrick

exploder
November 15th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I will do some searching I guess. Do you think it is because of all of the boost we are running that causes it? I hope you don't mind me asking, but I am going to be doin me SD auto ve tuning today and my question is once I get it all sorted won't changing the ve and ifr tables throw everything back off. So do I need to go ahead and change them prior to spending alot of time SD tuning or is there a way to subtract a percentage later?