PDA

View Full Version : Can EFIlive be used to flash a new PCM??

zapp168
April 10th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Hey everyone...Very much newbie here...... Anyway if I got a brand new unprogrammed GM computer can EFIlive be used to flash in a stock tune? Just wondering....
Thanks

Tordne
April 10th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Absolutely!! Even though it is a new PCM it will still have at least a minimal portion of code on it. the TECHII would require bootloaders etc to exist as well. Just do a full flash to the OS that you want to run and you'll be away :)

zapp168
April 10th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Thats cool!!! I see that you mentioned "flash to the OS you want to run" Do you mean I need to load the OS first? Or just flash with a premade tune?

TAQuickness
April 11th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Welcome to the forum zapp168.

You will need to perform a full flash with an operating system that is applicable to your PCM/application. For instance, if you vehicle is a 2002 Corvette, you will probably want to start with a stock 2002 Vet OS, but, there are many other options available.

On the same note, you might want to browse www.holdencrazy.com (http://www.holdencrazy.com) to get an idea of where to start.

Feel free to post up any other questions you may have.

voda1
July 30th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Can this be done with personal edition of EFILive?

kbracing96
July 30th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Can this be done with personal edition of EFILive?

No, you need Commercial for a full reflash, but its only a $50 upgrade now.

04colyZQ8
August 28th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I am interested in doing the full flash? How do I upgrade to commercial? And will this be the same as GM SPS? I won a mongoose, but its a pain to purchase 55.00 credits, I just bought EFI Live GM, for 899.00 new, very happy so far...

joecar
August 28th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I am interested in doing the full flash? How do I upgrade to commercial? And will this be the same as GM SPS? I won a mongoose, but its a pain to purchase 55.00 credits, I just bought EFI Live GM, for 899.00 new, very happy so far...Your EFILive FlashScan with GM option already is at the Commercial level (i.e. it can do full flash to a PCM/ECM which has already been factory flashed).

04colyZQ8
August 28th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Your EFILive FlashScan with GM option already is at the Commercial level (i.e. it can do full flash to a PCM/ECM which has already been factory flashed).

What about writing a different operating system to a used pcm? I'm getting a boot block miss match error, and I clicked force anyway, but it says flash file size unknown? Do I have to SPS it or can I full write somehow with EFI? It is a E40 controller, and the correct year, and service number?

GMPX
August 28th, 2014, 08:34 PM
You need to be careful on the E40, there is a combination of BootBlocks and OS's that will brick them. Check the message again because I am sure EFILive will not allow the flash to proceed if there is a bootblock mismatch.

ScarabEpic22
August 29th, 2014, 09:15 AM
You need to be careful on the E40, there is a combination of BootBlocks and OS's that will brick them. Check the message again because I am sure EFILive will not allow the flash to proceed if there is a bootblock mismatch.

On the latest software...he could be using a really old version that doesnt.