PDA

View Full Version : rtacs and boostve

Cablebandit
April 11th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Ok i did some rtacs tuning on my mainve table....cool and easy enuff. How do i do the same on my boosted ve table? i dont see a map for it...how do i make one. i see somethingin one of the cal files about boosted ve and looks like i just need to add the "rrr." stuff but not sure if so and then what.

Cablebandit
April 11th, 2007, 10:14 PM
am I alone?

TAQuickness
April 12th, 2007, 12:09 AM
To the best of my knowledge, you don't need to create a scan tool map in order to utilize RTACS. All you would need to do is edit the cal_link.txt file to add the rrr. data to the boost VE table.

Cablebandit
April 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM
aha...i think thats what i was seeing......ill try and copy/paste the rrr stuff from the mainve section in the cal_linktxt. Thanks!!!!! Ill report back tomorrow

Cablebandit
April 12th, 2007, 03:34 PM
before i go run, now i will be looking at what map in the scanner? the standard autove map and when it gets over 105kpa it will start updating the boostve table? or do i need to add the 110-285kpa info into the standard BEN map that i originally set up for autove?

TAQuickness
April 12th, 2007, 03:40 PM
You don't have to monitor any particular map in the scanner. I usually monitor my charts during RTACS. BUT, you will need to have the boost VE table open and on top in the tune tool for the updates to apply.

Cablebandit
April 12th, 2007, 04:40 PM
oooohhhhhhh...that is just too frikkin pimp!!!!! Thanks for the quick response. I see a tank of gas being GONE tomorrow :)

GMPX
April 12th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I think you should do some initial runs just using the BEN factor cut/paste method initially, whilst RTACS will pull the AFR's in, if you are way off you don't want to be sitting there at 17.0:1 at full load waiting for the PC to correct it. Not saying it will take forever, but, at least get yourself in the ball park first then use RTACS.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - TAQuickness, do you know where that quote from 'Carl' comes from? :rockon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PUQdCk-d8w
As for the lyrics....:nixweiss:

Cablebandit
April 12th, 2007, 10:48 PM
GMPX, while I would normally agree with what you just said, my boostve table is setup extremely too rich. Learned a long time ago, start waaaay rich and too low on timing and ease up.

TAQuickness
April 12th, 2007, 10:54 PM
P.S - TAQuickness, do you know where that quote from 'Carl' comes from? :rockon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PUQdCk-d8w
As for the lyrics....:nixweiss:

I do. That's what I get for mucking around with my signature at the end of a 23 hour day.:eek:

Thanks for the video link. It's been close to 10 years since I've seen it. Just need to figure a way to save it now.

Doc
April 13th, 2007, 04:03 AM
I do. That's what I get for mucking around with my signature at the end of a 23 hour day.:eek:

Thanks for the video link. It's been close to 10 years since I've seen it. Just need to figure a way to save it now.

Gibby, partied with him 1987!
:eek:

Cablebandit
April 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
well today sucked. I picked my daughter up from school...threw the laptop and all in the back seat and headed home. On the way i decided to do some RTACS mainve tuning. Guess what happens when you dont plug the wideband into the efilive cable? It defaults to 13.5 and kept driving the afr to max lean on the wideband. I was like WTF and didnt figure it out until tonight. I am my own worst enemy. Maybe ill finish it up Sunday. So far I love the rtacs. It works much better with the wb plugged in :)

TAQuickness
April 13th, 2007, 10:13 PM
OUCH! I had a similar issue with DFCO on my first RTACS drive. Once I realized my mistake, it took ~.1 second to fix :D

Cablebandit
April 15th, 2007, 02:22 AM
I did what you said.....just copied the rrr settings from the mainve section to boostve in the cal_link file and works like a charm.

Problem is staying in each cell long enuff.....this dog wants to eat once boost comes up!! I need to go to my publicly funded but private test track ;) and lock the car in 3rd with tcc apply and see if i can get it dialed in some.

The RTACS ROCKS and thanks so much for your guys help...this software is everything Chad said it was

Highlander
April 15th, 2007, 10:41 AM
That is why efilive will never substitute a good tuner...

Anyways... guess with rtacs I might be doing a permanent on a small PC. picoITX (it would make a good efilive product).

I think it is.. it fits in the palm of a hand.. has cpu and video in it..i think sound also.. its from via..

http://www.mini-itx.com/news/images/story0467-02.jpg

Cablebandit
April 30th, 2007, 07:37 AM
well it seems i cant get it to stay in a cell long enuff to use rtacs going down the track....it didnt change a single cell on my test passes on the street going from 45-110mph.

Highlander
April 30th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Try to check your filters... Mine does some changes in those sprints but I set accuracy to 0.

Cablebandit
April 30th, 2007, 10:01 AM
i did check those...tps over 10% and anything between 10-18 a/f...accuracy set to zero

Cablebandit
May 1st, 2007, 12:15 PM
ok i use dyojet wideband....2bar...what do i need to have open as far as maps with rtacs to tune boostve?
i assume
{B0101} Main VE Table - Wideband Commander Wideband BEN (2Bar)
{B0101} Main VE Table - Wideband Commander Wideband AFR

is that it or is that right?

Cablebandit
May 10th, 2007, 05:15 AM
hello? i still cant figure out how to get rtacs to adjust anything over 105kpa....it always highlights a 105kpa cell no matter how much boost

Avengence
September 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM
I've got the same problem. Started out with manual method of AutoVE tuning following the tutorial and just using the Roadrunner for the fast update. I used this way to roughly fill in half the main VE table, reduced spark advance sufficiently, and started into the edge of the boost VE table. With that done, I was comfortable to start RTACS tuning.

I started by editing the cal_link.txt file as mentioned here to add the .rrr entry to the A0009 table. I also edited all the entries that use BEN factors to use my custom PID for BEN calculated from average of both WBO2 sensors. Then I tried using fine tuning on the main VE table with reasonable looking results. Finally, I tried running both coarse and fine adjustment on the boost VE table, but it simply would not do anything beyond the 105 kPa column. It doesn't even show hitting those cells in the table in the tune tool even though I can see I'm cells with higher MAP values on the BEN map in the scan tool.

Has anyone gotten RTACS to work on the boost VE table? I found a few threads here with questions and very basic directions, but nobody saying it worked in the end.