PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

DMaxME
April 12th, 2007, 10:05 AM
So I got my V2 yesterday and figured the best way to get started is to download the trucks current tune ('05 LLY/Allison) so that dosen't work, nor can i moniter the data on the truck, although scan tool says i'm connected and ready. Any ideas?

BH in AZ
April 12th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I also got mine yesterday and have taken the same approach as you.

I was able to create a .tun file from my truck's ECM, check for codes, and monitor the balance rates.

Copy Tune:
- Are you using the Tune product? Your note only mentioned the Scan product. Connect the cables and turn the key to on (past accessories). Start the Tune software, click on FLASH on the tool bar at the top, then select Read PCM Calibrations....... from the list.

Scanning:

Connect the cables to the truck and laptop, then start the truck. Click on the green dot near the top left corner (under the FILE menu bar choice) to connect. Look at the status bar on the bottom for a successful connection. There should be a Yellow dot and a Red dot near the bottom center of the screen. Click on the Yellow dot to start monitoring the current status. Click on the Red dot to start logging.

Thats what worked for me.

DMaxME
April 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
If it was that easy, this wouldn't be a problem. When using the tune software and attempting to download the trucks stock programing, i get nothing. an error pops up telling me that a cable is unplugged, although all the cables are in correctly, and the trucks in the run position.

going to the monitor/record, if i hit the connect button it does so, but shows no data if i ask it to record, or monitor. also the dash display shows no function, even in the duramax setting. this is getting rather frustrating.

BH in AZ
April 12th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Did you enter the Registration data properly (serial number and key). I did that before attempting the copy, so I am not sure if failure to enter registration data would prevent you from connecting with the cable. Click on HELP in the Turning software, then select Register EFILive.... from the list to confirm your entry.

I also read in the manual that you must open a tune file in order for the registration data to take effect (page 33). Click on FILE, then select Open Tuning file.... from the list, then open a sample file.

Since it appears you are connecting with the Scan tool, I find this confusing.

BH in AZ
April 12th, 2007, 11:44 AM
A couple of other items:

Are you getting power to the FlashScan unit? The display should work when you connect it to the OBD II port and have the key on, but are not connected to the PC. If not, then the cigarette lighter fuse may be blown.

Did you install the USB drivers correctly? Bring up Device Mgr on you PC and check. I have read notes where people had connection problems, but changed the cable to one of the other USB ports and things worked.

There are quite a few notes on the Diesel Place web site in the EFILive forum discussing connection problems. You might try reviewing some of those threads.

DMaxME
April 12th, 2007, 11:52 AM
can you post files onto this forum?

Tordne
April 12th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Can you please advise what version (build number) of the Tune Tool you have installed? This is obtained by selecting the 'Help->About' menu option.

When the FlashScan V2 is plugged into the PC do you see the device in the 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' section of Device Manager?

DMaxME
April 13th, 2007, 07:47 AM
I just got home from work, and the EFI Support responded telling me to download the latest version, and update 02. I'll be doing that now and will reply about any new findings

Thanks guys

Tordne
April 13th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I just got home from work, and the EFI Support responded telling me to download the latest version, and update 02. I'll be doing that now and will reply about any new findings

Thanks guys

Thats me ;)

DMaxME
April 14th, 2007, 10:31 PM
well hey, and thank you. The version hang up did the trick.

Tordne
April 15th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Good to hear mate!