PDA

View Full Version : no power enrichment on '06 trucks ??

tblu92
April 15th, 2007, 02:18 AM
Because of the release of the 2007 truck line recently I have tuned several 2006 trucks & suv's . (pick-ups-yukons-denalis-tahoes---etc.)
The problem i am having is that after tuning them and then driving them to log various pids, I can't seem to get the vehicle to operate out of closed loop. The AFR's are always stuck on 14.63 at WOT---the 02 voltages still oscillate at WOT
and power enrichment mode is never activated---no matter what I've tried to do or change---And i've tried tons on things---I've changed all the normal things--took out all the delays--set the AFR @ RPM at 12.70--set the tps activation at 58% etc etc.

Do these vehicles ever operate in an open loop type status ( OL-DRI) to activate power enrichment???---Or do they always just run in a closed loop mode??----It seems that a few 06's have taken the changes and allowed me to change PE---but lately almost all won't----Anybody know ? Am I doing something wrong ? or is this the way they operate now??-- THKS Tom

kbracing96
April 15th, 2007, 04:16 AM
What about the PE delay? Did you set it to 0?

Edit, never mind, I missed that part in your post:bash:

Post the tune maybe there's something your missing:nixweiss:

dc_justin
April 15th, 2007, 01:46 PM
What operating system are you running into these problems with? I've never had any problems making PE mode changes on 2006 trucks... 2007 Classics however do need a few more tables added to the calibration...

tblu92
April 15th, 2007, 02:42 PM
What operating system are you running into these problems with? I've never had any problems making PE mode changes on 2006 trucks... 2007 Classics however do need a few more tables added to the calibration...

hello--the OS # is 12587811-----

dc_justin
April 15th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Interesting. That's the OS I've been having great success with. Don't know what to say...

kbracing96
April 15th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Here is his tune file Justin, I don't see anything he missed, but maybe you will

dc_justin
April 15th, 2007, 04:10 PM
The only thing that I can see is that the PE Map threshold {b3613} is below the allowed limits. This could be causing the problem, but can't be certain...

Justin

tblu92
April 15th, 2007, 05:51 PM
The only thing that I can see is that the PE Map threshold {b3613} is below the allowed limits. This could be causing the problem, but can't be certain...

Justin
The stk setting on b3613 was 16.20---I generally leave this one alone--the 4.4 setting in there now was an experiment to try to fix it--both #'s didn't change a thing--do you have an '06 modified file where the PE works that i could look at ???

What about the 02 switching points or any tabe in the 02 file that might be suspect ??

dc_justin
April 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM
The attached changes (to a stock tune) are an example of what I would typically make to the enablers.

Justin

tblu92
April 27th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Yes I use the exact same method to enable PE---I don't know If it is a problem because I'm still using V1 with the older update of Dec. 15th,2006.
I just recently downloaded the new version 7.42 of march 15th but have yet to try it on another '06-----ANYONE ????? Anybody know it my software is or was the problem ??

PS---I have V2 ordered wil be here shortly

dc_justin
April 27th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Yes I use the exact same method to enable PE---I don't know If it is a problem because I'm still using V1 with the older update of Dec. 15th,2006.
I just recently downloaded the new version 7.42 of march 15th but have yet to try it on another '06-----ANYONE ????? Anybody know it my software is or was the problem ??

PS---I have V2 ordered wil be here shortly

Shouldn't be a problem. I tuned an 06 in March of last year with a much earlier version of the software and it worked just fine.

Justin

tblu92
April 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. I tuned an 06 in March of last year with a much earlier version of the software and it worked just fine.

Justin

Well I am lost then as every '06 that i've done is stuck at 14.63 at WOT with oscillating 02 sensor voltages--should mean that it is stuck in closed loop--Each customer would not allow me to put a new bung in so i could throw a wideband on it so I could get a little more information---I guess I will insist on the next one--but I still think the AFR's will be 14.63----1st issue in my 3 years of tuning so far that i haven't been able to resolve and it's driving me nuts !!

BLK02WS6
October 16th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I just ran across this exact same thing - did you ever figure it out??

I thought mine was because the owner had converted the truck to a 6 speed and the computer was thinking it was in Park/Neutral. It does the same thing (stock tune in it) - won't go into PE - however, I had a wideband on it, and it was actually way rich. But not commanding PE.

I wanted to flash it to an M6 OS, but so far there are no compatible 6 speed OS's out there that I can find.

Same as you, this one has me stuck!!

tblu92
October 17th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Never did figure it out--But i agree i now think it is going into PE just the scanning data isn't picking up the correct information--BUT what throws me is that the 02 voltages should lock-on around (.890-.940) regardless in open loop-but they continue to oscilate--as if it was in closed loop ???????

BLK02WS6
October 17th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Mine was locked in open loop for tuning and the A/F did not drop down rich when I went WOT - it was rich the whole time. Maybe we have 2 different problems?!?

tblu92
October 17th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah--mine seems to be locked in "closed loop" all the time--and doesn't show any enrichment at WOT but stays at 14.68--seat of the pants tells me that it IS in PE because it pulls harder after the tune--I think still it is the reporting from the scan program that is at fault--I've tuned about 30 07's
and they all act the same way---

?????