PDA

View Full Version : 4L60E WOT shift point settings

billiardcue
April 15th, 2007, 02:48 AM
WOT settings - do you use MPH or RPM as the guiding parameter for the 1-2 and 2-3 shift points?
I've been using RPM, my 1-2 shift is always right on the money but the 2-3 moves around.

kbracing96
April 15th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Both points have to be hit for the shift to happen. Usually I set the MPH a bit lower then the RPM that way it will shift when the RPM target is hit.

billiardcue
April 15th, 2007, 04:22 AM
Both points have to be hit for the shift to happen. Usually I set the MPH a bit lower then the RPM that way it will shift when the RPM target is hit.
That is what I have been doing too, but the 2-3 shift isn't always at the the RPM point, usually well above.
Someone suggested trying the MPH method.

kbracing96
April 15th, 2007, 04:28 AM
What kind of vehicle, motor and trans? Could be that the trans isn't capable of performing the shift (too much power, or worn trans) fast enough when the PCM commands it.

billiardcue
April 15th, 2007, 04:42 AM
What kind of vehicle, motor and trans? Could be that the trans isn't capable of performing the shift (too much power, or worn trans) fast enough when the PCM commands it.
04 Corvette capable of running in the tens, level V RPM trans recently refreshed, 3800 Vigilante converter.

trudynosports
April 30th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I've got a Silverado that I tuned a while back, just put in a Raptor 4L65E and now it won't obey to either WOT table. I've even got the WOT RPM down to 3800 mph down to 22 1-2 and still goes to 5800 before I let out. I'm a little confused, but while doing the 3rd gear locked pulls I also had a hard time getting the coverter to lock with the scan tool. I would have to try several times before it would lock. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks,

ChipsByAl
May 1st, 2007, 01:39 AM
I've even got the WOT RPM down to 3800 mph down to 22 1-2 and still goes to 5800 before I let out

Is this as viewed from the scan tool/logging? Or is it from viewing the tach in the dash?

trudynosports
May 2nd, 2007, 03:21 AM
It was by the scan tool, but I got it worked out last night. It turns out that when the shop put the new trans back in they didn't get the plug on all the way. After I found that the trans tuned out fine thank goodness.

Doc
May 2nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Wow great find! Still has to make your stomach sink though...if they forgot the electrical plug I would be checking to make sure they got the clips on the cooler lines on good too. Don't want the high side popp'n off.