PDA

View Full Version : C3907

jfpilla
April 17th, 2007, 03:09 AM
TPS vs RPM Test Lower
For cammed cars that idle above stock RPMs the lower thresholds may need to be lowered to stop a TPS fault code being set.

This doesn't make sense to me for fly by wire cars. Is it meant for cable TB's?

jfpilla
April 17th, 2007, 04:05 AM
Sorry, I should have searched first. It appears that the comments do not apply to FBWire. Might be worth clarifying that.

SSpdDmon
April 17th, 2007, 04:08 AM
IDK if it would affect you or not. Basically, it's a simple test that the PCM runs to make sure the TPS is working right I believe. It expects to see RPMs within a certain range for a given TP% (between high and low thresholds). For cam'd cars with a higher idle, you may need to adjust this in order to avoid the PCM from throwing a P0121 IIRC.

jfpilla
April 17th, 2007, 06:28 AM
FBWire cars' TPS readings increase with RPM's and would always be above the lower test table values. That's what made me react rather than think about it. It would seem cammed cars would have even higher readings thereby not setting any codes.

SSpdDmon
April 17th, 2007, 10:09 AM
That's just it. You need to be at or below the lower threshold....not above it. :)

jfpilla
April 17th, 2007, 10:24 AM
That's just it. You need to be at or below the lower threshold....not above it. :)

It's impossible to be below the values in the table with a C5. The TPS sensor for a C5 will always read above 0 when the car is running or even by just turning on the ignition switch..