PDA

View Full Version : EFILive Training Class Schedule

Blacky
April 17th, 2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.efi101.com/img/header004.jpg
EFI University is proud to present our new EFILive class.

Reserve your seat now at www.efi101.com (http://www.efi101.com/) for one of these locations;

Schenectady, NY Saturday, May 5th

North Richland Hills, TX Saturday, May 12th

Also, enter this code – 220163264 – when you register online to get $25 off on your registration.

Presenting a course on EFILive’s innovative tuning suite for your late model GM car or truck. The opportunity to help you to fully utilize your software to unleash the potential in your vehicle now exists. From initial installation and registration to taking full advantage of the scan and tune tools many features, this course will cover a wide range of useful functions and features, including:
Scanner operation and configuration
Creation of custom charts, gauges and data maps
Bidirectional controls (CASE Relearn procedure, Idle Air Control, Cylinder Balance)
Selecting appropriate PIDs
Tune tool operation and configuration
Comparing two files
Roadrunner operation
And much more… By partnering with EFILive, EFI University has ensured that you will understand what is needed to scan & tune your GM vehicle. This class is presented in an open forum format where questions are strongly encouraged.
Each student will receive an EFILive/EFI University textbook to keep for reference when they leave, as well as a certificate of completion of the course to display in their shop at home!

mickkk
April 17th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Are there any Classes in Australia? Or are there going to be any in future? Hope so.

hassan
April 17th, 2007, 10:04 PM
and also there is any class on middle east ????

gto_in_nc
April 18th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Intriguing...

PewterZ28
April 18th, 2007, 02:00 AM
I am "somewhat" familiar with HP Tuners so I'm not completely tuning illiterate. I have EFI Live Scan Tool but not Flash Scan yet. I am strongly considering purchasing so I can tune via EFI Live. How in depth is the text book we receive? I can follow along and understand while the topic is being discussed but remembering everything I just learned is quite a bit more difficult. Hopefully the text book is detailed enough to jog my memory on everything I just learned.

Can I give some constructive criticism? I saw pictures of students sitting in chairs with their notebooks on their laps. That's quite uncomfortable to have to take notes that way all day. Desks or tables should be available. You can get some pretty cheap tables that sit 6 or 8 people per table. Just a suggestion.

jermstyle
April 18th, 2007, 02:47 AM
this course will cover a wide range of useful functions and features, including:
Bidirectional controls (CASE Relearn procedure, Idle Air Control, Cylinder Balance)
Comparing two files
Roadrunner operation
And much more…

Would you mind elaborating on the ‘Much More’?

I have been playing with my V2 for less than a month and the items you have listed were either self explanatory or included in the documentation.

Currently I’m more interested in how the tables affect the operation of the engine and why. Is this in a very detailed level covered in the course?

dc_justin
April 18th, 2007, 05:09 AM

I have been playing with my V2 for less than a month and the items you have listed were either self explanatory or included in the documentation.

Currently I’m more interested in how the tables affect the operation of the engine and why. Is this in a very detailed level covered in the course?

To go into detail around every topic covered would take too long to discuss. The course is a deep dive into the operation of both portions of the software. The latter portion of the course deals with walking through a Gen-III ls1 style tune, discussing a number of tables and how they are related to the operation of the engine. To wrap it up, there will be a live demonstration on the dyno.

Chevy366
April 18th, 2007, 06:04 AM

The EFI101 course is the one I would be interested in . :)
But will not go to the place in North Richland Hills to take it . :mad:

highperf
April 18th, 2007, 11:33 AM
The EFI101 course is the one I would be interested in . :)
I'd reccomend it. Good foundation

jermstyle
April 18th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Might I suggest that EFI looks into online courses? With a little video equipment and some bandwidth I’m pretty sure that more people would sign up. It’s just hard to pay for the class and travel to learn how to spend more money on our cars.. :)

But that’s just my opinion.

Chevy366
April 18th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Might I suggest that EFI looks into online courses? With a little video equipment and some bandwidth I’m pretty sure that more people would sign up. It’s just hard to pay for the class and travel to learn how to spend more money on our cars.. :)

But that’s just my opinion.
Agree :D

:cheers:

floriduramax1
April 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Agree :D

:cheers:
Count me in:help2:

ScarabEpic22
April 18th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Count me in:help2:

Me too for online training, unless a class comes to the Pacific NW in which case I will go for sure.

Boost
May 6th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I would go to a class somewhere in Florida.

shakinlm7
September 18th, 2007, 04:27 AM
I would go to a class somewhere in Florida.
:exactly:

Duramax 6.6L
October 12th, 2007, 01:00 AM
I would like an online class also

Doc
October 21st, 2007, 03:56 AM
How about creating calculated pids and other useful secret squirel stuff?

dc_justin
October 21st, 2007, 07:56 AM
How about creating calculated pids and other useful secret squirel stuff?

Yep, calc'd PIDs are discussed. :D

buttodal
November 9th, 2007, 05:19 AM
I SAW THERE WAS A CLASS SCHEDULED IN SCHENECTADY NY, WILL THERE BE ANOTHER AT SOME TIME IN NY (SCHENECTADY WOULD BE GREAT). WHO HOSTED THIS COURSE?

http://www.efi101.com/img/header004.jpg
EFI University is proud to present our new EFILive class.

Reserve your seat now at www.efi101.com (http://www.efi101.com/) for one of these locations;

Schenectady, NY Saturday, May 5th

North Richland Hills, TX Saturday, May 12th

Also, enter this code – 220163264 – when you register online to get $25 off on your registration.

Presenting a course on EFILive’s innovative tuning suite for your late model GM car or truck. The opportunity to help you to fully utilize your software to unleash the potential in your vehicle now exists. From initial installation and registration to taking full advantage of the scan and tune tools many features, this course will cover a wide range of useful functions and features, including:
Comparing two files
Roadrunner operation
And much more… By partnering with EFILive, EFI University has ensured that you will understand what is needed to scan & tune your GM vehicle. This class is presented in an open forum format where questions are strongly encouraged.
Each student will receive an EFILive/EFI University textbook to keep for reference when they leave, as well as a certificate of completion of the course to display in their shop at home!

dc_justin
November 9th, 2007, 06:53 AM
I SAW THERE WAS A CLASS SCHEDULED IN SCHENECTADY NY, WILL THERE BE ANOTHER AT SOME TIME IN NY (SCHENECTADY WOULD BE GREAT). WHO HOSTED THIS COURSE?

The class in Schenectady was held at Redline Motorsports on the weekend of July 10th this past summer. We don't have a class scheduled there right now, but it's always a possibility if Howard is willing to open his shop to the class. :cheers:

Leadfoot
November 13th, 2007, 05:04 AM
The class in Schenectady was held at Redline Motorsports on the weekend of July 10th this past summer. We don't have a class scheduled there right now, but it's always a possibility if Howard is willing to open his shop to the class. :cheers:

I'ld be willing to go as I just got EFI Live not too long ago.

buttodal
November 13th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I'ld be willing to go as I just got EFI Live not too long ago.

I spoke with Dennis Tanner, owner of Redline Motorsports (Schenectady,NY) and he is willing to open his shop for a day of training. I'm an Automotive instructor @ HVCC and have several students interested in taking the course. I am in the process of obtaining a V2 myself. Stay in touch and we'll see if we can get a course set up this coming spring.

tiffo60
November 21st, 2007, 09:13 AM
will this class be coming back to fort worth, tx next year?

tiffo60
November 21st, 2007, 09:39 AM
found the answer under the schedules:bash: , be here in feb.

dc_justin
November 22nd, 2007, 04:13 AM
found the answer under the schedules:bash: , be here in feb.

That class is the EFI-101 course, not the EFILive course. We don't have an EFILive course scheduled for North Richland Hills yet.

Thanks,
Justin

chrleb2
March 28th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Is there going to be just an EFI LIVE training course (not EFI-101)?

dc_justin
March 28th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Is there going to be just an EFI LIVE training course (not EFI-101)?

Riverdale, CA? As in just south of Fresno and Caruthers, CA?

And to answer your question, yes, there is a course being planned right now for Temecula.

Boost
April 1st, 2008, 12:05 AM
We need one in Florida! :)

chrleb2
April 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
Riverdale, CA? As in just south of Fresno and Caruthers, CA?

And to answer your question, yes, there is a course being planned right now for Temecula.

Yup.... the good ole Dale south of Fresno. :hihi:

My shop is up in Fresno though. Any date for the Temecula class?

dc_justin
April 1st, 2008, 09:59 AM
Yup.... the good ole Dale south of Fresno. :hihi:

My shop is up in Fresno though. Any date for the Temecula class?

I grew up in Caruthers. :Eyecrazy: Small world.

The class in Temecula is expected to be sometime in June

chrleb2
April 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
I grew up in Caruthers. :Eyecrazy: Small world.

The class in Temecula is expected to be sometime in June

Craziness!

I totally want to get in on the class then also. I would like to get one of my employees in to.

Dtuner
December 8th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Please contact me I would like to Host a Class at my Dyno equipt facililty in Fl. GMdieseltuner@aol.com:pokey:
Rick

floriduramax1
December 8th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Please contact me I would like to Host a Class at my Dyno equipt facililty in Fl. GMdieseltuner@aol.com:pokey:
RickPM sent!

BRD-PREY
January 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I'm in if you get one!
Ed

Dtuner
January 9th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Hello to all
I have not yet heard back from EFI Live University, I would like to Host a schedule of classes at my facility, Her in Bradenton Florida( 40 miles south of Tampa)..... I will get back to you through this thread if I have news. Or reach me at GMdieseltuner@aol.com High Performance Research & Development. :cheers: Rick

boccheballs
January 2nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Will there be any classes in the Northwest?

ScarabEpic22
January 2nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
Will there be any classes in the Northwest?

As in the NW USA? There was one back in May 09, I attended it is the only reason I know.

Not sure about upcoming classes, check their website out for their complete schedule.

boccheballs
January 2nd, 2010, 06:04 PM
As in the NW USA? There was one back in May 09, I attended it is the only reason I know.

Not sure about upcoming classes, check their website out for their complete schedule.

Yes, I live in Vancouver Wa. Did you take the tuning 101? How was it and where and if you dont mind how much was it??
Thanks in advanced
Brian

ScarabEpic22
January 2nd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Yes, I live in Vancouver Wa. Did you take the tuning 101? How was it and where and if you dont mind how much was it??
Thanks in advanced
Brian

It was in Lacey, WA at Horsepower Connection. I took EFI-101, I wanted to take the EFI-Advanced course the next weekend but it is smaller and was about $1100 IIRC. It was very informative especially for me as I wanted to get a solid baseline and understanding of tuning. It was $400 or 450, I cant remember exactly now.

Im from Seattle and go to school in Spokane, it was actually the weekend before finals week lol.

dannyperform
June 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Is there any training videos i can take first and or who can i call to set up a efi live training class

Boost
June 20th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Always glad to hear about the Florida ones! I was SOOO close to going to the last one here, until I found out the one day class cost more than I make a week... :( I am such a loser :s

This is a great idea guys, keep it up!! :)

gmrattler
February 7th, 2014, 06:38 AM
I can't fined the training schedual anywhere on the EFI Live websight is there a place to go and find this info ? Thanks. :thankyou2: Everything in this forum is old as dirt ! :rant: ok maybe not everything. :mrgreen:

joecar
February 7th, 2014, 09:55 AM
EFILive does not do any training.

For gasoline stuff, try EFI University: http://www.efi101.com/

joecar
February 7th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Once stuff is figured out, it does not change much.

cindy@efilive
February 7th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Our newsletter features many upcoming training classes that we have been told about. Our next newsletter features 3 training providers and 6 classes. What sort of training are you looking for?

gmrattler
February 7th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Our newsletter features many upcoming training classes that we have been told about. Our next newsletter features 3 training providers and 6 classes. What sort of training are you looking for?

I am primarily interested in diesel tuning, but may dabble in gasoline as well. I just purchased the v2 flashscan.:notacrook:

Boost
February 7th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Thank you Cindy! Love your newsletter as always! Perhaps soon, my Buick can be in there, I just made a HUGE breakthrough with the help and support of a certain person you know. :thumb_yello:

joecar
February 7th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Thank you Cindy! Love your newsletter as always! Perhaps soon, my Buick can be in there, I just made a HUGE breakthrough with the help and support of a certain person you know. :thumb_yello:This is exactly the stuff Cindy is looking for to put in the newsletter...

Boost
February 7th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Well you know I hinted at it before, because I thought what I was doing was cool and unique but I recognize my results were not mind blowing yet and also it had to be kept short and sweet to keep the readers attention. Now I will have the ability to gather concrete data, documentation and proof and if it's interesting enough I am sure it will find its way in. I know you need solid comparisons and credible info. It's coming mt friends. Thanks for all your help!

The training classes are great to have available, can't wait to attend one eventually. Back on topic, sorry.

cindy@efilive
February 8th, 2014, 12:20 AM
I am primarily interested in diesel tuning, but may dabble in gasoline as well. I just purchased the v2 flashscan.:notacrook:

Starlite diesel have 4 classes coming up for diesel in different states, and Fleece Performance has a class scheduled for Spring in Indianapolis.

Cheers
Cindy

cindy@efilive
February 8th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Well you know I hinted at it before, because I thought what I was doing was cool and unique but I recognize my results were not mind blowing yet and also it had to be kept short and sweet to keep the readers attention. Now I will have the ability to gather concrete data, documentation and proof and if it's interesting enough I am sure it will find its way in. I know you need solid comparisons and credible info. It's coming mt friends. Thanks for all your help!

The training classes are great to have available, can't wait to attend one eventually. Back on topic, sorry.

Always looking for content for the newsletters Roland. Glad to see you sorted your tuning issue without requiring TCM tuning or resorting to plan b.

Cheers
Cindy