PDA

View Full Version : Help Cannot flash 99 tahoe

94caprice00gmc
April 18th, 2007, 11:22 AM
i finally got to license it and went to program and it shows the status and it gets to the pcm seed and it pauses and : Bootloader Rejected, Reason: No reply. Then you hit ok and it shows data transfer interupted please wait 15 secs. Any help please

Thanks Again
Ryan

94caprice00gmc
April 18th, 2007, 11:33 AM
ok never mind it progammed finally. I have one question though, If the flashscan interface is too close to the pcm , while tryin to reflash will that cause repeated errors. The reason i say this is, i have my desktop and not a laptop so i had the interface on top of the hood, right on top of the pcm. Could that cause errors?

wait4me
April 18th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I wouldnt think that would be a problem. Maybe your desktop pc was making a ground issue? I dont know.. Glad you got it working though.

ScarabEpic22
April 18th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Shouldnt be an issue, before I borrowed my friends laptop I was using a desktop in my garage to flash my TrailBlazer I6 and the FS was right over the PCM (it is on the drivers side for the LL8) and never had an issue.

Blacky
April 18th, 2007, 08:24 PM
i finally got to license it and went to program and it shows the status and it gets to the pcm seed and it pauses and : Bootloader Rejected, Reason: No reply. Then you hit ok and it shows data transfer interupted please wait 15 secs. Any help please

Thanks Again
Ryan

Please download the latest version to be sure you are using the most up to date software.
http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#download1
(It was only released about 2 hours ago).

Regards
Paul

94caprice00gmc
April 19th, 2007, 11:02 AM
ahh ok cool ill do that Thanks

cme265
April 19th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Same Thing Happened To Me On A 98 Tahoe, Had To Beat It Up A Couple Of Times And It Went......AND YES I HAVE THE LATEST AND GREATEST..

Doc
April 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Nice to see fellow users talking about 98-99 Vortec stuff. I would find it interesting if any of yous guys would have any further info to post up more often. I have had plans for my 99HOE ever since the support became availible alas, I haven't even read that pcm with my V2 yet.

:bash:

Rocketman69
May 11th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I just had the same issue on my 99 Silverado (K1500, not GMT800) and I could not get it to take after 5 attempts....any idea what's causing this issue? I've had no issues reading them, just writing this one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Blacky
May 11th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Find the *.blx file in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V7\Bug Reports.
The *.blx file will have the form:
Download_YYYMMDD_HHMMSS.blx where YYYYMMDD is the date and HHMMSS is the time that you attempted to reprogram the PCM.

Please send that file to me at paul@efilive.com. Include a reference to this thread in the email.

Regards
Paul

hquick
May 11th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Hey Doc...you've done the swap in the Z...why not swap to 0411 in the Hoe?

Doc
May 12th, 2007, 02:47 AM
That's on the massive list of things to do. Someday she will be Super Hoe.

hquick
May 12th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah...the list just grows and grows huh!
You know it's about 2 hours work right?
Have you seen James.B's Tahoe?
Now that's a 'Super Hoe'.
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5134
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3630&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36229&highlight=#36229

Doc
May 12th, 2007, 04:15 PM
You know it's about 2 hours work right?

That's funny. I would like to be able to goto the bank and finance 2 hours for myself! Too busy tuning/fixing other peoples stuff.

:nixweiss:

Boost
February 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I just had the same issue on my 99 Silverado (K1500, not GMT800) and I could not get it to take after 5 attempts....any idea what's causing this issue? I've had no issues reading them, just writing this one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I just had this same problem today on a '99 with the square headlights.
What is causing this? It wouldn't start (start and die, like a security issue), so I reprogrammed the PCM with a Tech2, and then it started. I had the fuse pulled for the aftermarket radio, and have the latest of everything as of today.

Rocketman69
February 6th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Sorry I never updated this....

What was causing my flash attempts to fail ended up being the ABS module. Unfortunately, on the 6th attempt, it started to write, then failed and put me in a situation similar to yours...the PCM would not accept a new flash because it had no idea what OS or VIN it contained....

Paul came up with a fix for the software and was able to send me the files to load into my laptop and fix the situation with the PCM not being recognized.

He viewed the error logs to find out that about 17 seconds into the write process, my ABS module decided to wake up and interrupt the transfer of data into the bus stream. After fixing the problem, I pulled the ABS fuse (as well as the fuse to my remote start) and attempted to reflash. This time it took without any problems. I have since reflashed it a handful of times without any problems, but I ALWAYS pull the ABS maxi-fuse from the box under the hood before I flash.

Hope this helps.....

joecar
February 6th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Gib,

Thanks for the update.

That's good point: pull the ABS fuse, and the Radio and On-Star fuses.

Boost
February 6th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Thanks! I will try that.