PDA

View Full Version : LS2 Transplant won't go past idle.

Scoota
April 18th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Hi guys, I'm just trying to get a 6lt to run correctly in this roadster that a friend is building, (he has had to use an LS2 for Euro 4 compliance).

I have turned off some of the mil's that were flagging fault codes.

I've tried a number of different combinations in the Vat's but still have the same problem.

The engine starts and idles fine, as soon as the throttle is applied it will go to about 1800-2000rpm for a split second and then just sit at idle with no response from the pedal actuator.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I have over looked that would cause it to not go passed the idle position.

Cheers Scotty.

Bruce Melton
April 18th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Sounds like the Throttle Position Sensor is seeing conflicting signals. Is this a ETC TB? Wiring error?

Scoota
April 18th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I believe it's a pedal harness is from a reputable supplier in the States. He only bought the pedal harness (blue Plug Harness) and not the full harness with the programed ECU. I've checked the pinout's to and from the pedal and ECU, they seem to be good.

Cheers Scotty.

Bruce Melton
April 18th, 2007, 09:46 PM
I believe it's a pedal harness is from a reputable supplier in the States. He only bought the pedal harness (blue Plug Harness) and not the full harness with the programed ECU. I've checked the pinout's to and from the pedal and ECU, they seem to be good.

Cheers Scotty. LS2 90mm TB?

GMPX
April 19th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Scotty, because it is even idling VATS is not the issue.
Turning off the MIL for any ETC codes does not eliminate the problem, the ECM will still be processing the faulty ETC sensors and flagging a serious problem.
I am of the opinion you still have issues with the harness / sensors, afterall, that is what the ECM is telling you?

Cheers,
Ross

wait4me
April 19th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Stupid question but you are using the TAC module also right?

Scoota
April 19th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Bruce, It's a 90mm TB.

Ross,I agree with you on that, The biggest problem is I didn't wire the thing up so it makes fault finding a little harder. I'll go Grey yet.

Jess, not a stupid question, It doesn't have a TAC module, I didn't think that any of the Aust 05 LS2's ran a TAC module, I could be wrong and maybe there is where the problem lies. All the wiring diagrams we have don't show any TAC module fitted. I know they had them on the LS1 ETC but didn't think the LS2's had them. Could be way wrong:nixweiss: .

Cheers Scotty.

wait4me
April 19th, 2007, 02:02 PM
K, Well, i know that when mine did that, it was that the throttle blade itself had a screw to turn to open it up a little to keep it from Cocking shut. The blade would go to far down into the metal and stick a little. After i adjusted that screw on it to make it not stick, then it worked fine after that.

Scoota
April 19th, 2007, 03:05 PM
The throttle body doesn't appear to be sticking on anything that i can see.
The supplier of the pedal actuator harness mentioned that the engine wouldn't run without the brake pedal wire connected to the brake pedal switch, does that make sense to anyone or is that turtle toss or does what he is saying sound correct. We are sure he was talking about crank relearn and not the problem we are having.

Cheers Scotty.

Turbo595t
April 20th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Hi guys, I'm just trying to get a 6lt to run correctly in this roadster that a friend is building, (he has had to use an LS2 for Euro 4 compliance).

I have turned off some of the mil's that were flagging fault codes.

I've tried a number of different combinations in the Vat's but still have the same problem.

The engine starts and idles fine, as soon as the throttle is applied it will go to about 1800-2000rpm for a split second and then just sit at idle with no response from the pedal actuator.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I have over looked that would cause it to not go passed the idle position.

Cheers Scotty.

Scotty,

Could you list the fault codes you are seeing?

vxchev8
April 20th, 2007, 04:57 PM
There was a problem with opel engines with electronically controlled t/body.
Read here (http://www.ls1-australia.com/vxchev8/tb.JPG) it might solve your problem.