PDA

View Full Version : Injector question..............

FreddyG
April 19th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Hi Guys!

I just put a Vortech supercharger put on my 2001 Corvette along with 60 lb. MotoTron injectors and was wondering if it'd be possible to change the injector pulse width or the injector offset (or some other injector setting) to lower the amount of fuel when the car is off boost. It idles nicely with minimal searching or fluctuation, but I'm trying to get maximum efficiency out of it.

I guess what I'm asking is if at idle or cruise, if I couldn't set the computer so that the injector isn't dumping the gas in.

Also, do I set my IFR according to the rail pressure at idle or when in boost?

The tuner that did my car, calculated them at 58 psi and my rail pressure at idle is 68 psi. When I go into boost, the rail drops to around 58-59 psi.

Thanks in advance for the help Guys! :cheers:

TAQuickness
April 19th, 2007, 08:11 AM
If you are using COS3 or COS5, you can command the PCM to run a leaner mixture in the areas of concern. Otherwise, I think it would come down to skewing your airflow tables to trick the injectors into a leaner mix.

kbracing96
April 19th, 2007, 08:24 AM
If you are using COS3 or COS5, you can command the PCM to run a leaner mixture in the areas of concern. Otherwise, I think it would come down to skewing your airflow tables to trick the injectors into a leaner mix.

Unless your set to run in open loop only, you can't skew your airflow tables or injector pulse widths to run leaner. The O2 sensor with trim the fuel back to stoich.

FreddyG
April 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Would I have to tune from scratch if I jumped to the COS3 or COS5, or could I migrate my tune over to it and tweak it?

Would it be worth it and last, but certainly not least, would it be Very hard for a Newbie to do it?

Thanks for the help Guys! :cheers:

TAQuickness
April 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Would I have to tune from scratch if I jumped to the COS3 or COS5, or could I migrate my tune over to it and tweak it?
Migrate and tweak.

Would it be worth it
How bad do you want to lean it out?

and last, but certainly not least, would it be Very hard for a Newbie to do it?

Thanks for the help Guys! :cheers:
I wouldn't describe the process as difficult, whether you upgrade to one of the '01 COS's or upgrade to an '02 OS then into one of the 02' COS's.

Personally, I'd upgrade to an '02 OS as '02 has more COS upgrade options. If you decide to upgrade to an '02, you'll need to copy over all your calibration tables from the '01 OS before moving into a COS.

Upgrading to a custom OS is described in the (from the Scan or Tune tool) Help -> Tutorials -> Custom OS upgrade tutorial.

FreddyG
April 20th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks TAQuickness! I might just have to give Chad a call about the Commercial upgrade! :cheers:

Have a Great Weekend!