PDA

View Full Version : Need Help to migrate OS

DocZ28
April 20th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I´m new in this tread, I just get EFI V1 Comercial, and I start to log and view files, i have to be honest, I don´t know much about tunning, and have a lot to read.
But the first thing I want to do is change el OS 2000 to OS2002, so where can I find a file to migrate the OS, I try to copy table by table but I did somthing wrong cuz in WOT the car is not good.
My car is a Camaro Z28. My mods are:
Long tube headers
GM Hot Cam
True duals
LS6 Intake
FLT 4L60E Lv4
TC Fuddle 3600 stall
Rear end 3.90

joecar
April 21st, 2007, 05:20 AM
DocZ28,

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

www.holdencrazy.com (http://www.holdencrazy.com) hosts a 2002 Camaro A4 tune.

When you copied table-by-table, did you use "Copy with Labels" and "Paste with Labels" (this would have prevented certain tables from being copied if transposed in the 2002 OS)...?

You'll have to go back and compare table-by-table to make sure you didn't miss anything...

Post your tune in this thread, we'll collectively take a look to see if something jumps out at us.

TAQuickness
April 21st, 2007, 05:34 AM
Welcome to the forum DocZ28.

While you're browsing www.holdencrazy.com (http://www.holdencrazy.com), keep an eye out for a modified tune called 1999 migrated 2002. It's a bone stock '99 calibration migrated into the 2002 OS. I believe there is one for both A4 and M6.

From there, you can follow the AutoVE tutorial to get you on your way.

DocZ28
April 21st, 2007, 11:20 AM
Tks for your Response, I did copy whit labels, but I think i just paste it, I will check if it was paste with labels.

Can I use That file in holdencrazy of a Camaro 99 and just flash into the PCM? But what are the changes on calibrations of 99 vs 00.

Here is my tune, please take a look.

joecar
April 21st, 2007, 12:38 PM
Some things I noticed:

B0101 VE table looks wrong (low at low rpm, flat above 4800).
B3618 PE vs RPM is way too rich (EQ 1.45-1.61).
B4001 IFR table is way low (2.500-2.7422 g/s).
B5913, B5914, B5932 spark tables seem high.

DocZ28
April 21st, 2007, 03:40 PM
Some things I noticed:

B0101 VE table looks wrong (low at low rpm, flat above 4800).
B3618 PE vs RPM is way too rich (EQ 1.45-1.61).
B4001 IFR table is way low (2.500-2.7422 g/s).
B5913, B5914, B5932 spark tables seem high.

TKS for this info, joecar

A cuple of questions. I´m new in this and want to learn

Some months ago, a guy tune my car, after the headers and before the rest of the mods, so i guess that this is the reason why the values are wrong.

Do you recomend to start from the original tune?
or only make changes to VE table, PE, IFR and Spark.

Are this stupid questions?

joecar
April 22nd, 2007, 05:52 AM
Thinking about it, the low VE table and low IFR table may work together as intended by your tuner... but there will be some conditions where neither is right ("right" meaning matching what your engine is doing).

Do you have a wideband sensor...?

If not, you might be able to use the LTFT's to do an AutoVE tune, but keep in mind that the NBO2's only tell you that the actual AFR is above or below stoichiometric, whereas a WB02 tells you the actual AFR and so gives better results.

As TA suggested, it may be a good idea to start from stock and follow the AutoVE tutorial, using a wideband sensor... but first you will have to paste in the correct IFR table for your injectors and fuel pressure...

Questions:
a. do you have stock injectors...?
b. do you have stock fuel pump and regulator...?
If yes to a. and b., then you can copy the stock IFR table that matches your injectors.

... and you have to compare to your existing tune and copy any other needed table (e.g. you have 3.90 gear); there are a lot of changes in your existing tune, some of which may be unnecessary, so you will have to compare each with stock and determine if it's needed (the tune tool allows you to compare 2 tunes very easily).

The only stupid questions are the ones that remain un-asked. ;)

DocZ28
April 24th, 2007, 03:48 PM
My Injectors, fuel pump and regulator are stock.

I Copied and paste the IFR Table to my tune and flash it into de PCM, and start the car and ride for a test. A the cold start the car feels good and didn´t shut down, But I noticed some heistation on 2000-up, and the LTFT always on 25%, the MIL turned on with codes of lean on bank 1 and 2.

I tried other calibrations, and the LTFT never got down. At the end of the day I put the old IFR table that´s when the LTFT went to -1 to 3.

I´m a little confused with this.

Doc
April 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
So you have a 2000 Z28 with bolt ons and a Hot cam? I would start over with a 2002 OS, modify the IFR table to account for the 24lb injectors. At that point I would follow the AutoVE tutorial and you should be golden. I concur with Joecars observations and I will add that your VIN is Zero'd out.

DocZ28
April 24th, 2007, 05:11 PM
So you have a 2000 Z28 with bolt ons and a Hot cam? I would start over with a 2002 OS, modify the IFR table to account for the 24lb injectors. At that point I would follow the AutoVE tutorial and you should be golden. I concur with Joecars observations and I will add that your VIN is Zero'd out.

That´s correct and heads.
So I should start from a 2002 OS and leave the actual tune.
An other question what would be the IFR for 24lb injectors?

joecar
April 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Basically follow these steps:
a. correct the IFR table to match your injectors (can use the 2000 IFR, or recalculate using the spreadsheet);
b. bump up the VE table by the amount indicated by the LTFT's;

to do b. you would follow the AVE tutorial, except you would not disable closed loop;
you have to create a map of (LTFT1+LTFT2)/200+1 vs MAP vs RPM and use this to paste-multiply to your VE table, same as described in the AVE tutorial;

This will get your MAF-less LTFT's close to zero... this is CLSD and it will run good, and your actual AFR will be "fairly" close to your commanded AFR (you still need a wideband to see if they are equal); this is the objective of AVE tuning: to get the actual AFR following the commanded AFR.

Then you would set your PE vs RPM table to say 1.17 or 1.18 ("EQ" units);
this is sufficiently rich to make power, but not wastefully rich like the GM stock tune.

Then if you want to run the MAF, you would enable it and dial it in the same way using a map for (LTFT1+LTFT2)/200+1 vs MAFREQ.

DocZ28
May 28th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Finally I change the IFR of my Injectors but I couldn´t tune the car and have to get back to OS2000 for the moment I think in start from zero and do a proper tune then migrate so I did that.
And I get 8 injectors from a 2002 Z06 and don´t know the IFR if is 28lbs or 28.8lbs I made a search and someones said 28 and others said 28.8 any one knows what´s the correct IFR.

purrvert
May 28th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Part number?

DocZ28
May 29th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Part # 12561462