PDA

View Full Version : New to Tuning... What else to do?

BlueSLPCamaro
April 21st, 2007, 07:55 AM
Hello everyone! I've been trying to get use to EFI Live and was wondering what else I should do to wake up my car a little bit more. My car is a 2002 Camaro SS Automatic with Headers, SSRA, Air Lid, and a few Suspension Mods. So far I've deleted AIR and rear 02's, and I also tuned the transmission according to the transmission tutorial floating around here. I ran my car for the first time at the track and ran consistent 13.0's all with street tires and bad reaction times :bash:
Anyway I was wondering what else a newbie like me should go ahead and attempt to tune. Besides the driver mod I want to break into the 12's. I have a Wideband Sensor but I don't trust the shops in my area to weld the bung for the sensor, I might end up having it simulate my driver side narrowband, are there any suggestings or opinions for doing/ not doing this?
Also I'm getting knock every so often when I go to WOT, according to my Scan Master, not sure if its false knock and I don't know where to go to check my timing.
Sorry for all the information at once. I'm glad to be here and I'm willing to learn! Hopefully I can learn to get the most out of this software ;)
Thank you

SSpdDmon
April 21st, 2007, 12:58 PM
If you force the car to stay in open loop (set closed loop temp enable to 283*F), then you can put your WBO2 in place of the B1S1 NB02. :)

Try this tune for a comparison...

BlueSLPCamaro
April 21st, 2007, 02:50 PM
Is that the Holden Crazy Modified Tune? They look the same, I was using the Holden as a guideline ;) I'm going to use that tune and see what happens.
As for running in open loop, how do you do it? I did a quick search but maybe I can get a more straight forward answer just asking here.

SSpdDmon
April 22nd, 2007, 12:55 AM
No, that's my 'crazy' modified tune from the '02 I had. :D

You force the car to stay in open loop by setting all of B4205 to 283*F.

BlueSLPCamaro
May 11th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Well I haven't had time to use the WB02. I'm going to wait till I get the bung welded in when my GMMG exhaust shows up :)
What can I do with my tune when it comes to headers? I have looked over your tune and noticed your 02 Camaro is almost the same as mine, except you have a stall and gears. I know I need the WB02 to get my AFR where I want it exactly, but is there anything else I can do before that happens?