PDA

View Full Version : Auto VE going lean????????

RUTAN TA
April 22nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
I have a 98TA with a 347 11.1,ported heads,242/252 610/600 112,ported LS6 intake,80mm tb,Lt headers,M6/9" moser.
I have been trying the Auto VE for a few days and everytime I copy and paste my AutoVEPrimary map to my VE table,it goes way lean 17.1! I have checked(calibrated) my wideband (lm1) and have tripple checked my filters and hidden cell counts. My car is in SD and done everything as told in the tutorial.

any ideas? thanks in advance!
John

Chevy366
April 22nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
BEN , Highlight all cells , after applying cell count and filter (upper left corner) Copy with labels >VE Table , Highlight one cell > right click >paste and multiply with labels , is that what you did ?
Put up your .tun and .log files .
V1 or V2 ?
Check also that the values are the same in the VE and the BEN , example Kpa in Hg or Kpa in PSI , the Imperial values got changed to PSI so use Metric .

TAQuickness
April 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
On a '98, the Backup VE will be controlling your fueling in SD. The steps to modify your primary VE are there for if/when you return to MAF opperation.

RUTAN TA
April 22nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
BEN , Highlight all cells , after applying cell count and filter (upper left corner) Copy with labels >VE Table , Highlight one cell > right click >paste and multiply with labels , is that what you did ?
Put up your .tun and .log files .
V1 or V2 ?
Check also that the values are the same in the VE and the BEN , example Kpa in Hg or Kpa in PSI , the Imperial values got changed to PSI so use Metric .

I am using V1 and it is set to metric. I am applying cell count and filter, then highlighting the remaining cell by clicking the top left cell and copy with labels. Then I am going to my tune file and paste and multiply with labels to my main VE then I do the same to my back up VE.

I will post my file and logs when I get home from work,thanks

RUTAN TA
April 22nd, 2007, 11:08 PM
On a '98, the Backup VE will be controlling your fueling in SD. The steps to modify your primary VE are there for if/when you return to MAF opperation.

Should I just use my backup VE? I am changing both main and back up, so they stay the same.

TAQuickness
April 22nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
In the case of 97-00 (OS's with a backup VE), you do not have to update the primary VE. You could just as well apply your changes to the backup, and when you're done, copy/paste with labels from the back up to the primary then hand smooth. Lot's of options & opinions out there.

Do you have DTC (check engine light) P0101, P0102, or P0103?

RUTAN TA
April 23rd, 2007, 11:15 AM
yes,P0103 it is in SD and the MAF is unpluged.

I will give it another shot and only work on the back-up VE table. Can you think of any reason why it would go way lean?

Doc
April 23rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
Post up and or email me the tune, logs.

RUTAN TA
April 23rd, 2007, 11:56 AM
whats your e mail address?

Cablebandit
April 23rd, 2007, 01:12 PM
make sure the wideband is being read thru efilive...mine wasnt and a/f defaulted to 13.5 and kept leaning everything

RUTAN TA
April 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks,Ill double check it.

RUTAN TA
April 23rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks DOC