PDA

View Full Version : Can Valet mode be used to turn SD mode off and on?

ForcedC5
May 12th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Not sure if this is even what I would want but it would give us an idea of what can actually be controlled..

GMPX
May 13th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I can't really think why you would want to??.

In any case, yeah, the valet mode switch as it is now I have made it serve a few purposes. It may not stay that way, just testing the other options. It would be nice if the PCM had more spare inputs and outputs.

Cheers,
Ross

ForcedC5
May 16th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks Ross.. pretty much after the extent of what valet mode can do. There are still a few out there that are running two tunes or would like to.. one for the street (9psi)and one for the track(16psi). My assumption is that a 2bar could accomplish this with one tune but say they didn't go 2bar SD.. could they use valet to switch between tunes?

Highlander
May 16th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks Ross.. pretty much after the extent of what valet mode can do. There are still a few out there that are running two tunes or would like to.. one for the street (9psi)and one for the track(16psi). My assumption is that a 2bar could accomplish this with one tune but say they didn't go 2bar SD.. could they use valet to switch between tunes?

I don't think there is enough space in the pcm... maybe in the 8mbit.

ForcedC5
May 17th, 2005, 05:19 AM
I don't think there is enough space in the pcm... maybe in the 8mbit.

Hmmm.. 2003+ PCM.. Since SD is a better option altogether, most likely not worth the hassle of a swap even if it is an option unless other features present themselves.. maybe.

GMPX
May 17th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately there is not many spare in's and out's on the PCM.
The switch input 'may' end up being multi function that you will need to change with a reflash (got 30secs spare!!). I'm still working on that.

One with be a neat NOS deal.....just testing that now......O.K, so NOS is illegal in Australia, but we can see the desired result.

Cheers,
Ross