PDA

View Full Version : EFI live testimonial

Plumber
April 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
After two years of frustration dealing with my heads and cam SS I've finaly seen the light with EFI live.

Quick back ground Anchorage Alaska is home for me, so tuners and local help are non existant. Winter of 04/05 I installed a head and cam package with most bolt ons. The vendor provided a mail order tune for the complete package that they claimed would be on the money as they had done many similar installs in house.

Car was a big disapointment from the begining, low dyno,mph, and et numbers were followed by returning the pcm no fewer than 4 times for changes that never improved any thing. Idle issues put a damper on enjoying driving the car so it sat in the garage alot.

Well this winter I decided to either figure this thing out for myself or sell the car. First thing I did was read, to the point of becoming obsessed with it, this of course led me to EFI live. Keep in mind at 42 and a plumber by trade computers are not my strong point but I struggled through the learning curve. With a little help from a computer savy friend we got the autotune feature set up and working.

After a weekend of logging and adjusting I feel like a 10 year old on Christmas day. I finaly have the hot rod I built two years ago.:master: This thing runs hard idles and fires smooth and sounds like a different car.

Thanks EFI live you have saved this guys relationship with his hot rod. :cheers:

Beer99C5
April 22nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Great first Post :)

Welcome to the forum!

ScarabEpic22
April 22nd, 2007, 04:05 PM
Welcome and glad to see you got it working the way she should be! :D

TAQuickness
April 22nd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Plumber! Excellent results. Keep up the good work.

eboggs_jkvl
April 23rd, 2007, 12:37 AM
These stories make me all weepy and feeling funny! I love a happy ending!

WELL DONE! Now have fun and don't break anything!

Elmer

joecar
April 23rd, 2007, 01:29 AM
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Blacky
April 23rd, 2007, 08:45 AM
:notacrook: Its good to hear that EFILive made a difference. :cheers:
Makes me want to go tune my car now :(

Regards
Paul

Plumber
April 23rd, 2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys, I'll be hangin around askin dumb questions and eventualy helpin others if I can. :cheers:

Got a little weepy myself today beatin down a street bike. :rockon:

Round Rock TJ
April 24th, 2007, 08:07 AM
So what was the problem, what did you figure out?

hquick
April 24th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Sensational!
I bought JET DST as my first software....what a disappointment!
It now resides in the bottom of my toolbox...probably never to see the light of day again.
EFILive is awesome. This forum makes it worth the extra dollars. Money can't buy the kind of support you get on here!

Plumber
April 24th, 2007, 03:01 PM
So what was the problem, what did you figure out?

Ve table was nearly stock, my 30lb svo injectors were scaled roughly 1.9% over stock ifr numbers, spark table to agressive in spots way low at idle, desired air flow at idle numbers stock and way off, pe numbers in the 1.3 range.

This was a tune done for a ls6 stg 2 head, 231/237 112 .595/.598 cam package with most all the bolt ons in an 02 SS convert. Needless to say it left a little to be desired.