PDA

View Full Version : need a base tun file for a 98 C5 with...

JimM
April 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Hi all, does anyone have a base tun file for a non-intercooled magnuson s/c in a 98 C-5 with an auto trans that they would be willing to send me to start with? I tried the one from holdencrazy but I think it's not really going to be good to work with as that it's for a 99 w M/T and no mention if for I/C or non I/C .I have more questions but I'll hold off for now till I log some data with something that might be closer than where it is now . Thanks

TAQuickness
April 23rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the forum JimM.

What are some of the other questions you have? Perhaps we can get you going in the right direction.

JimM
April 24th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Ok I'll quess I'll start here I've attached 2 files the tun file in the car right now and a log file from a short run on the car .The first thing going on is that it has audible knock at part throttle under moderate accelaration and under full throttle load, look at log file starting at frame 320. Knock retard doesnt show up till 3rd gear, I dont know what is causing some of the data I'm seeing , the injector duty cycle is maxed during the run ,not by my choice as this tune is using the VE table from holdencrazy for a magnacharged vette. The timing map is also from that tun. file. I have an LC-1 which I'm going to put in this weekend. Is there anything else I'm missing before I start going more in depth,I've already check all the basics FP,plug heat range,fuel filter,max boost 6psi. Thanks for taking a look at this TAQuickness