PDA

View Full Version : Error message: The Flashscan V2 interface is not compatible with this version of EFIL

Round Rock TJ
April 24th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Error message: The Flashscan V2 interface is not compatible with this version of EFILive software. Please upgrade your efilive software to the latest version.

Get that, did the below, and still get that. WTF is going on?

Update your FlashScan V2 Firmware
If you are using FlashScan V2, please run the FlashScan V2 firmware programmer to update your FlashScan V2 device with the latest firmware.
Select the Windows Start menu->All Programs->EFILive V7->Update FlashScan V2 Firmware.
The firmware included with this release is version V2.04.55 and can be found here: \Program Files\EFILive\V7\FSProg_V2_4_55.ffw

Tordne
April 24th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Version 7.4 MUST have the .55 firmware on the FlashScan V2.

Here is a link to an interactive tutorial to update the firmware: http://download2.efilive.com/Tutorials/Interactive/How%20to%20Update%20your%20V2%20Firmware.htm

Like it mentions the firmware file is in your 'CL\Program Files\EFILive\V7' folder by default.

Round Rock TJ
April 24th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Yea, that is exactly what I did. That part goes through just fine. But it still does not work.

Tordne
April 24th, 2007, 03:37 PM
So the firmware on the FlashScan V2 is .55?

Confirm by powering up the V2 and pressing F4 - F1 - F1 on the keys, then scroll down to see the firmware version.

What is the build of the Tune Tool?
- Open Tune Tool
- Go to 'Help->About...' menu option

Round Rock TJ
April 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Well it works on my XP computer but not the win98 computer. Correct usb driver has been installed.

Round Rock TJ
April 27th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Wiped everything out last night including drivers. Did everything again and still no dive on the 98 computer (which is the shop computer).:mad:

Tordne
April 27th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Are these the drivers you used (the 98 ME ones)? http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads4

Round Rock TJ
April 27th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Are these the drivers you used (the 98 ME ones)? http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads4

Of course.

Tordne
April 27th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Hmm.. I don't have Win98 so I can't test :sad:

I'll email Paul about it...

Anyone else got this working OK on Win98?

limited cv8r
April 28th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Tried it tonight on a dual boot system running XP & 98. Started by upgrading flashscan to 7.4. No problem. Plugged in V2 and got the hardware wizard,directed it to the 98 drivers folder. Got an error could not locate FTD2XX.cat. Skipped this file,the rest of the driver install went ok. Started up the tune tool and clicked on the connect button and got the Error message: The Flashscan V2 interface is not compatible with this version of EFILive software. Please upgrade your efilive software to the latest version.
Cleared this error box,V2 seemed to be connected ok,USB mode on the screen. Clicked on the Flashscan V2 control panel icon,the control panel opened up, I pressed the test button and it seemed ok. I also opened up the VIN licensing box in the tune tool and it read all the info from my V2 with no problem either. I could not connect it to a vehicle though as this was a desktop.

Round Rock TJ
April 28th, 2007, 04:33 AM
It would not be that bid og a deal if it was not so hard to haul my XP PC up and down and unplug it each time I want to tune. WHen I bought this package all I read was black box and uploading tun files through the handheld with a SD card. I should have read the fine print that said "in the works".

I just need one at least. The 98 to work or the black box.

Thanks

limited cv8r
April 28th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Is the problem with V2 and your laptop or when you try to use V2 on a vehicle?

Chevy366
April 28th, 2007, 09:22 AM
The FTD2XX.cat is the FTDI Serial to USB chip driver I think .
See if there is a FTDI driver for the Win98 .
Did some research one time trying to get a GPS to work on the ONStar system needed a Serial to USB device .

Blacky
April 29th, 2007, 12:42 PM
The FTD2XX.cat file is not required for FlashScan and is not included in the driver fileset. It is correct to skip the file during the install.

Regards
Paul

ChipsByAl
April 29th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I tried this for myself (win98) and had the same problems. I did attempt to connect to a PCM but it was unsucessfull.
Al

limited cv8r
April 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM
is there any reason why you can't upgrade to a later version of windows?

Round Rock TJ
May 7th, 2007, 01:20 AM
is there any reason why you can't upgrade to a later version of windows?

Yes!

limited cv8r
May 7th, 2007, 01:27 AM
could you elaborate on that answer.

Round Rock TJ
May 7th, 2007, 01:32 AM
could you elaborate on that answer.

No!

Round Rock TJ
May 7th, 2007, 01:38 AM
No!

Just kidding, :D but why should it matter?

I do not have another version of windows.
I do not want to spend the money on a computer that sits in the garage and is only used for EFILive.
I am not sure that computer can handle anything else.
ect, ect, ect

Besides, I should not have to. This program is supposed to support Win 98. Or maybe they will not roll that out until the black box and atlas things.

Chevy366
May 7th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Or maybe they will not roll that out until the black box and atlas things.

Oooooh , good one Round Rock TJ . :cheers: