PDA

View Full Version : Default .pid

Chevy366
April 27th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Ok is this thing broke ? , Scan Tool that is . I have a custom .pid selected to load ever time the tool is open , but guess what , it don't happen .
It is quite annoying to say the least , 7.3.3 and all other releases would remember and re- open the .pid I had placed in the default .pid selection , did two logs and did not notice this was happening , logs are scarp now .
If I select the correct .pid it will remain as long as I don't restart the computer .

Ninety8C5
April 27th, 2007, 08:41 AM
When you open the Scan Tool, go to 'Edit' -> Properties. When the window opens go to 'Startup' and specify what 'PID' you want to be the default and check the 'Always load Pid file' box.

Chevy366
April 27th, 2007, 09:32 AM
When you open the Scan Tool, go to 'Edit' -> Properties. When the window opens go to 'Startup' and specify what 'PID' you want to be the default and check the 'Always load Pid file' box.
Did that , that's what I was saying , I figured it out . It seems that when you upgrade to 7.4.2 you may need to remove the .pid and close the tool and then re-start the scan tool and re-insert the .pid and save it , it seems to save it then .

Ninety8C5
April 27th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I did not have any problem with my 'default' pid setting when I upgraded to 7.4.2. :nixweiss:

Chevy366
April 27th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I did not have any problem with my 'default' pid setting when I upgraded to 7.4.2. :nixweiss:
That's Ok , I have not in the past , but maybe because I did a uninstall re-install of the software . :nixweiss: