PDA

View Full Version : EFILive on a Mac?

mgarfias
May 13th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Will EFILive/Flashscan work under Virtual PC on a Mac? Has anyone tried this?

I'd rather not have to go buy a cheapo windows laptop if I can avoid it.

Specifically I have a 1.4GHz iBook with 512MB. It ought to run 2000 or XP decently, although I'm not expecting miracles.

jsttry
May 13th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Does virtual PC support mapping of USB ports into the guest OS? If so I can't see why not. As long as the flashscan cable can be detected then shouldn't be a problem.

It does add an additional layer of complexity though which may cause hiccups when flashing.

mgarfias
May 13th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Yeah, flashing worries me. I figure I can do the datalogging thing, and use it offline on the desktop (considerably faster). Maybe I can borrow a windows box to flash.

Blacky
May 13th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah, flashing worries me. I figure I can do the datalogging thing, and use it offline on the desktop (considerably faster). Maybe I can borrow a windows box to flash.

Try it with EFILive's reflash "test" option. The test option performs ALL the same USB and OBDII comms functions as the real flashmode. The only difference is the PCM is instructed to discard the data instead of updating the flash memory. The test mode does not permanently alter your PCM. The absolute worst case - you would need to disconnect/reconnect the battery to reset the PCM.

Paul

critter
August 13th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Will EFILive/Flashscan work under Virtual PC on a Mac? Has anyone tried this?

Yes and yes. Much better now with the USB version.