PDA

View Full Version : Kitty cat busted

floriduramax1
April 28th, 2007, 02:49 AM
My wife calls me while I'm out of town on business and tells me her 02 Avalanche is knocking real bad. I had a neighbor look at it and it appears that the right side cat is busted internally. I have been using EFI Live on my Duramax for a while and actually never really thought about tuning her truck. I have a flow master cat back system and K&n air filter on the truck, other than that it is stock. Is there a way to put "test tubes" in place of the kitty"s and tune it so it wont throw a code. I wouldn't mind a little extra power but that is not the goal. Extra fuel mileage would be very nice. Any help would be appreciated. Is there a "programming 101" for gen III gassers? I have been getting a lot of support from "The Diesel Place" Sorry for the long post. Thank you.:help2:

floriduramax1
April 29th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Maybe I need to re-ask the question. Can someone point me in the right direction for tuning without the kittys in place and prevent codes? Thank you

eboggs_jkvl
April 29th, 2007, 11:21 AM
This might help

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17747

IT's for the LS1.

Elmer

floriduramax1
April 29th, 2007, 11:38 AM
This might help

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17747

IT's for the LS1.

Elmer
Thank you soooooo much. Now I have an excuse to set at this p.c. since I'm tuning HER truck now:cheers: .

dfe1
April 29th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't turn off all the codes mentioned. If you ever have a legitimate problem involving one of those systems, you'll never know it. Just turn the P0420 and P0430 codes to "Not Reported". That should be all you need to do if you're just trying to eliminate a "Check Engine" light when you drive the vehicle with non-functioning converters. O2 system sensitivity varies from one vehicle to another, so you may need to turn on of the rea O2 sensor tests to not reported, but wait until you have a problem. No need to turn the tests off if they don't set a code.

eboggs_jkvl
April 30th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I wasn't and the thread doesn't infer to turn off all of the codes listed. If you want the Rear O2s off, you do the O2 codes, nothing more. I was trying to give him the idea of what he needed to do and how to do it. He needs to figure out what codes to "turn off" to fix his situation. In my case, no CATs so I took out all of the codes in that category. He should do as you recommend and turn off the cause of his lights. I would imagine that can be found by reading the codes thrown and working on those.

floriduramax1
April 30th, 2007, 09:38 AM
I wasn't and the thread doesn't infer to turn off all of the codes listed. If you want the Rear O2s off, you do the O2 codes, nothing more. I was trying to give him the idea of what he needed to do and how to do it. He needs to figure out what codes to "turn off" to fix his situation. In my case, no CATs so I took out all of the codes in that category. He should do as you recommend and turn off the cause of his lights. I would imagine that can be found by reading the codes thrown and working on those.
Thanks guys. As of tomorrow it will be catless!:rockon:

floriduramax1
May 1st, 2007, 11:34 PM
Update! I had "test tubes" installed and turned off everything that had to do with sensor 2 and no codes yet. Thanks alot. The only problem I have now is she wants to continue driving my DMax!! She thinks she likes that diesel power.

kbracing96
May 2nd, 2007, 01:29 AM
Update! I had "test tubes" installed and turned off everything that had to do with sensor 2 and no codes yet. Thanks alot. The only problem I have now is she wants to continue driving my DMax!! She thinks she likes that diesel power.

Sweet! Haha, put a turbo on her truck, then she'll like it :muahaha::notacrook: