PDA

View Full Version : Kepping TCC Locked in Third?

FFP
April 30th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Is there anyway to do this????? We Have a 02 With a VIG 5 Disk and Level 5 Trans from RPM.We Know it can hold the power but We can not keep it locked at the track.....

Can Anyone help short of just wiring in a switch that he has to flip when at the track?

Bill
www.forcefedperformance.com

ChipsByAl
May 1st, 2007, 12:33 AM
This is a capability I have asked for in the past for TCC control. It is in the calibration file, just not in the EFI Live Tuning Tool. The clutch can be turned on in second, third and/or fourth gears in kickdown (WOT) mode. It should be noted that if you don't have enough converter clutch torque capacity, you can smoke your converter TCC under WOT conditions.
Al

FFP
May 1st, 2007, 03:44 AM
It was My understanding that D1007 - D1008 - D1009 Would Unlock the converter at 100% Tps. We were thinking If we can limit the Tps opening to say 95% even when the pedal is all the way down but keep the converter unlock setting @ 100% then the threshold setting would never be meet so the converter would stay locked. Does Anyone Have Any other Ideas?

Bill

WiseGuyZ06
June 2nd, 2007, 05:10 AM
just put a lock up switch in

RonC
June 8th, 2007, 11:43 AM
My truck TCC locks under WOT in 2nd, 3rd and 4th if I set it up to with D1007,8, and 9 still set at 100%. I made a tune setup to keep it locked when tuning the VE table to fill more cells that are hard to reach with an automatic on the street. Are the cars OS that much different? Also setting D2904 to 100% keeps TCC slip to 1 RPM or less in mine. What car is it in?

Ron

WiseGuyZ06
June 9th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Put A Lockup Switch In......

joecar
June 10th, 2007, 06:26 AM
My truck TCC locks under WOT in 2nd, 3rd and 4th if I set it up to with D1007,8, and 9 still set at 100%. I made a tune setup to keep it locked when tuning the VE table to fill more cells that are hard to reach with an automatic on the street. Are the cars OS that much different? Also setting D2904 to 100% keeps TCC slip to 1 RPM or less in mine. What car is it in?

RonIt seems most people see it unlocking at WOT even if D1007,8,9 are set at 100%.

ChipsByAl
June 10th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I can get the TCC to engage at WOT. I read my file out of the PCM, use a different editor and flash that file in the PCM. If I am satisfied with the TCC MPH, then I read the file with EFI Live and continue using EFI Live to tune the vehicle as necessary. As I have said before, this is a function that another tuning tool has in it, it just needs to be added to EFI_Live. Hint Hint.
Al

joecar
June 10th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I can get the TCC to engage at WOT. I read my file out of the PCM, use a different editor and flash that file in the PCM. If I am satisfied with the TCC MPH, then I read the file with EFI Live and continue using EFI Live to tune the vehicle as necessary. As I have said before, this is a function that another tuning tool has in it, it just needs to be added to EFI_Live. Hint Hint.
AlDitto.

Maggie
June 12th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Al

ditto #2