PDA

View Full Version : lc1 problems

woody69
May 2nd, 2007, 04:09 AM
I have efilive7.3 and I have my lc1 free air cal. and the problem I have is my laptop doesent have a serial port so I got the serial to usb conector and now when I try to open the lm programer it will not open and says no conection to serial port. conect and try again. HELP. I am guesing it is a computor problem but I have removed lm programer and reinstaled with same results.

Chevy366
May 2nd, 2007, 07:15 AM
I have efilive7.3 and I have my lc1 free air cal. and the problem I have is my laptop doesent have a serial port so I got the serial to usb conector and now when I try to open the lm programer it will not open and says no conection to serial port. conect and try again. HELP. I am guesing it is a computor problem but I have removed lm programer and reinstaled with same results.
In the LM Programmer you should have a drop down that will let you enter a com port number , go to Device Manager in Winders and look at the com ports (with Serial to USB adapter inserted) note com port number and that is what you use in the LM Programmer .
Also once programmed you have to recycle power for the LC-1 to go out of program mode , when in program mode you can not connect with LogWorks .

ChipsByAl
May 2nd, 2007, 08:14 AM
This might help, it is from Innovate's Forum

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34508&postcount=4

Al

woody69
May 2nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
It won't even let me open lm programer. It pops up a searching for device and says please connect the devive to a serial port and switch it on. it is communicating with the computer when I went to device mgr. and it showed to work.

Doc
May 2nd, 2007, 09:30 AM
What brand of USB to serial adapter are you using?

woody69
May 2nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
thanks for all the help guys but I found the problem. I should open the package all the way so I could have gotten the cd with the drivers on it.:bash:

Doc
May 2nd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Oooh that's gonna leave a mark.

woody69
May 2nd, 2007, 10:11 AM
if i'm having this much trouble with this i will probably blow it up when I start auto VE in the morring. Pray for me. or shoot me which ever is quicker. Thanks Woody

Chevy366
May 2nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
if i'm having this much trouble with this i will probably blow it up when I start auto VE in the morring. Pray for me. or shoot me which ever is quicker. Thanks Woody
One must always read the directions enclosed in the package . :D

ChipsByAl
May 2nd, 2007, 11:12 AM
When all else fails read the directions!
Al

mr.prick
May 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM
you must power up the lc1 and do not open logworks.
just open lm programmer.

joecar
May 3rd, 2007, 04:19 AM
you must power up the lc1 and do not open logworks.
just open lm programmer.That's correct, power the LC-1, and open the "LM Programmer" software.

Also, somehow check that your serial-usb cable works.

Beer99C5
May 3rd, 2007, 05:10 AM
Joe helped last year, I was mistakingly connecting to the "In" miniplug when it should have been the "Out".

joecar
May 3rd, 2007, 07:08 AM
There's a whole slew of things that can go wrong...

When first powering up, does the LED do this: blinks for about 20-30 seconds and then goes solid...?

And as Beer said, check these:
- the terminator miniplug is plugged into SERIAL IN.
- the PC serial cable is plugged into SERIAL OUT.

Chevy366
May 3rd, 2007, 07:39 AM
A trick I found helpful is when you go to do free air or heater calibrations on the LC-1 use LogWorks to watch the process , it will indicate when Heater calibration is going and then you can watch as the LC-1 calibrate the wideband for AFR (20.9) , instead of just looking at a flashing red LED and wondering what is going on .