PDA

View Full Version : Installed New Operating System: Questions

BlownAlaskan
May 13th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Background: I have a 99 truck and first did a complete operating system flash with a 2001 .bin file. After I verified that this worked correctly I proceded to flash in the cooresponding EFILive OS and the calibration segment from the 2001 .tun and everything went fine.

Question 1: Why can I only see the drop down menus in the tuner for custom calibrations and engine calibrations? None of the other submenus will open; is this correct?

Question 2: After installing a 2bar sensor, how will the VE table then read higher than 105 kPa, or do I have to rescale it? Still excitedly waiting for the 2bar autotune tutorial.

Regards,
Ben

Blacky
May 13th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Question 1: Why can I only see the drop down menus in the tuner for custom calibrations and engine calibrations? None of the other submenus will open; is this correct?
No that is not correct.
What is the operating system number that is currently in the PCM?
What is the EFILive Software version number and build number of the Tuning Tool? (From the Help->About screen).

Question 2: After installing a 2bar sensor, how will the VE table then read higher than 105 kPa, or do I have to rescale it? Still excitedly waiting for the 2bar autotune tutorial.

Yes 2-bar tuning requires rescaling tables based on 1/2 MAP sensor values.

Regards
Paul

BlownAlaskan
May 13th, 2005, 11:07 AM
No that is not correct.
What is the operating system number that is currently in the PCM?
What is the EFILive Software version number and build number of the Tuning Tool? (From the Help->About screen).

Version: 7.2.2
Build: 226

Regards,
Ben

GMPX
May 13th, 2005, 01:46 PM

Ben,

That is very strange.
Can you please Email the .tun file you are looking at and the 01270001.cal file to ross@efilive.com
I'll see what is going on.

Cheers,
Ross