PDA

View Full Version : Solstice/Sky Yes or No

finiata
May 2nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
Will this be supported? I found conflicting info when I searched. I'm swapping it into a miata and need to remove some features as well as tune the pcm for the turbo ;) Also can I go to a throttle cable and delete the "fly-by-wire" setup.

mike

ringram
May 3rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
Id say so as I think it uses the E67. But Ross can confirm. You might be struggling with cable trottle though as there was no OS available with cable calibrations for it.

ScarabEpic22
May 3rd, 2007, 09:07 AM
Sounds like a fun coversion, but as ringram said, going from a TBW system to an older cable setup will probably not be possible or at the very least really time consuming. Better off to get a accelerator pedal out of on and use that instead.

finiata
May 3rd, 2007, 11:14 PM
I don't have a big problem with keeping the fly by wire but is it tunable? could I use an LS2 TB? Calling Ross Based on pics and everything I can find the Solstice/Sky use the E67 ECM but its not listed here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4810

Or when I do the part # search.

thanks, mike

ringram
May 4th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Yes it should be tunable for sure. You should have the same functionality as the old cables, even better!

Boost
May 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Sounds like you are building the coolest roadster EVER !!!

finiata
May 8th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Well I don't know about the coolest ever but its sure gonna be fun. :)

GMPX
June 6th, 2007, 08:27 PM
The Solstice seems to use a variety of ECM's, if it's the motor with direct injection then no we aren't going to support that (in the near future anyway), I already looked at that ECM (It's a Bosch).
If the variant you are looking at uses the E67 then it will be supported.
I'm pretty sure you will need to keep ETC.

Cheers,
Ross