PDA

View Full Version : 2 bar ?

SS2win
May 13th, 2005, 12:17 PM
So I PM's Ross to see if he is working on a tutorial, etc. Havent heard back and thats ok because I know he is busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest but what is the plan? There was an announcement about 2bar support and at least *I* got the impression that it was going to be in the custom OS release but there was no mention unless I missed somthin big.

Is there anything I should be waiting for or should I just go ahead and start scaling the tables and have a go? I aint scared even if I should be :shock: but if there will be a tutorial coming up or new OS I would rather wait.

:twisted: :D

GMPX
May 13th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Sorry about the no response.....you just had to join the queue of PM's and Emails and me probably just forgetting!!.
O.K, in a nutshell, here's what you need to do, I will try to elaborate on this soon.
First up, you can't run a MAF!.

If you want to retain the dual spark maps you will need one of our custom O.S's, more will be uploaded in the next few days.

For MAFless, you need to have the IAT wired up still, so if you have an 85mm MAF you will need a seperate IAT sensor (many have done this, search the LS1 forums).
Then, depending on the MAP sensor you use you will need to rescale the MAP to read 50kPa with the key on, engine off.
This will ensure your tables are logically half the kPa value.
Do this in Engine Diagnostics > MAP > MAP Sensor Scaler.
for 1 bar the value is 94 from memory, change this to about 128 for a 2bar sensor, flash it in and check the kPa at key on is 50kPa, adjust until correct.
The next thing to do is bypass the barometric pressure updating, that must be done to stop the PCM adjusting to what it thinks is an ambient pressure of 50kPa.
Do this in - Engine > Barometer
Change {B0301 & B0302} to much higher values, say 7000 and 7100.
Also change the table {B0304} to 1.00

The DTC's that also need to be changed are -
P0102 - Set to 'C', and No MIL
P0106 - P0108 set to 'x' and No MIL

At some point you will need to rescale your LTFT matrix etc to suit the halved kPa value, but this should get you going.
There is now a PID in the scan tool that shows the 'real' kPa value when using a 2bar sensor (assuming it was scaled to 50kPa at key on).
Look for "CALC.MAP_2BAR".

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ross

SS2win
May 14th, 2005, 12:24 AM
OK Most if not all of that info had been posted here already. I was wondering what you guys meant by stating that you would be offering 2 bar support in future releases. Does it mean that "those with the knowledge and experience can make 2 bar work" or will there be more extensive support? another custom OS perhaps? Maybe I missed some relavent post... :oops:

GMPX
May 14th, 2005, 10:03 AM
One thing everyone was worried about was running one spark table on a blown car without a MAF.....custom O.S fixes that issue.

Yes, we have further enhancements planned/in testing for fueling and spark in our custom O.S's, but for now there is nothing to stop you changing the MAP sensor over, it will work fine.

Cheers,
Ross

SS2win
May 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Would you care to elaborate on the dual spark tables? I starting to search the answer but you could shorten my learning curve tremendously :D

EDIT: The rest of the post deleted pending a little research... :shock: