PDA

View Full Version : Notifications

hquick
May 3rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
Sometimes I don't get notifications at all and I have to check the threads I'm subscribed to for new posts. No biggie but ??????
Also, sometimes I get notifications and when I go to that thread, the post in the notification isn't there ??????
One more....the forum seems to be down alot of late, is this for cleaning, refurb...something else?

Blacky
May 4th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Not sure about the notifications, maybe check your spam filters.

We have been migrating the EFILive servers to a new and more stable host. There have been some glitches over the past few weeks (and that will continue for maybe a few more weeks) while we transition the servers, but it means we will have a more robust system over the next few years.

If you have any more problems let me know via PM.

Regards
Paul

hquick
May 4th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks Paul.
Sometimes notifications get through....sometimes not.
It may just be incidental timing as the upgrades to the server are being done.

Biggsy
May 4th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Sometimes I don't get notifications at all and I have to check the threads I'm subscribed to for new posts. No biggie but ??????
Also, sometimes I get notifications and when I go to that thread, the post in the notification isn't there ??????
One more....the forum seems to be down alot of late, is this for cleaning, refurb...something else?

You are not the only one, I get the same too.
As for the notifications of a post that isnt there, I thought that was from someone posting and then totally editing it to something new before I got a chance to read it. That has happened a couple of times.

Cheers,

hquick
May 4th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah....I think you're right on the second point Dave.
Maybe it was typed in invisible type! :Eyecrazy: :D