PDA

View Full Version : Trying to update V2 firmware

98ls1blackbird
May 3rd, 2007, 02:26 PM
I have followed all the tutorials and the posts found in the search fumction, but the problem I have is I cannot find the .ffw file anywhere. I even tried the find function in windows but nothing. I did not have to unzip anything as the download was a .exe file so there wasnt an unzip folder. I have windows vista home premium, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.
John

Black02SS
May 4th, 2007, 12:09 AM
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7

Blacky
May 4th, 2007, 12:23 AM
I have followed all the tutorials and the posts found in the search fumction, but the problem I have is I cannot find the .ffw file anywhere. I even tried the find function in windows but nothing. I did not have to unzip anything as the download was a .exe file so there wasnt an unzip folder. I have windows vista home premium, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.
John
You need to unzip the *.exe downloaded file (yes winzip will unzip it) and find the *.ffw in the unzipped folder. We should have made the *.ffw file installable - instead of leaving it stuck in the downloaded file. We'll fix that in the next release.

Or use the file linked inthe above post.

Regards
Paul

98ls1blackbird
May 4th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys, got it to work. I thought I was going to be reduced to using the HPP III to change the gear ratio for the speedo after a gear change.

Also, I dont know how to unzip an .exe file. WinZip is an embedded program and just comes up when double clicking on a zipped file. The file I downloaded went right to the install program when I double clicked it.

Tordne
May 4th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Will be a "right click" option on the .EXE file.

98ls1blackbird
May 4th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Good to know, thanks.