PDA

View Full Version : Loaded Custom OS: 03Z06..starts/dies after 1 sec

Earl H
May 4th, 2007, 03:01 AM
I loaded Custom OS 0203003 into my 2003 z06. The car starts and then dies. I retraced all my steps to make sure that I performed than correctly. I checked the VATS (theft) settings and they all seemed to be ok. I did a comparison of files and the only things that were different were the values changed per page 7 of the install manual. I performed a search I'm not getting anything that I can use. Any help would be appreciated.

purrvert
May 4th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Post your tune. Try first flash for operating system and a second flash for tune only.

Earl H
May 4th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Post your tune. Try first flash for operating system and a second flash for tune only.

I did flash the OS first and then the tune only. Please see attached for the tune. Thanks in advance for help.

onfire
May 4th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I did flash the OS first and then the tune only. Please see attached for the tune. Thanks in advance for help.

Try changing the 35 to 50kPa / 400 to 1200rpm main VE table by +3%, if it still runs 1 sec and dies....add another 3%.....had that problem before.

onfire
May 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Set the open loop multiplier to 1.00 to begin

Doc
May 4th, 2007, 02:20 PM
When you go key on, and connect with the scanner is the VIN correct?

vatman02
May 4th, 2007, 06:14 PM
did you fix it yet

vatman02
May 4th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Set the open loop multiplier to 1.00 to begin
as stated A0008 should be 1 not 2 if it is any higher than 1 it will command more fuel you are commanding twice the fuel with it set at 2 you should read the tutorial it appears you have other issues in there that will need to be addressed

Earl H
May 4th, 2007, 06:39 PM
2 ended up being the default value. The tutorial said it should be at least 1, therefore I didn't change it. I will be trying the recommended steps 1st thing in the morning to see if they fix the problem. Please list others if they come to mind. I will be trying all of them.

vatman02
May 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM
the tutorial explains the values that load with it are not sane values they are out of range when you first open the .tun file it will open a window stating that there are calibrarions out of range these must be put in range for the vehicle run properly if you click on the cal# it will have on the upper right the min. and max values

Tordne
May 4th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Replied to your email.

There are a number of issues with the custom tables that should cause you to be EXTREMELY rich on initial startup when the car is still in Open Loop. Must of the tables have not been modified and have values out of range - which will be data that was simply in the PCM where the custom tables now reside.

Earl H
May 5th, 2007, 12:50 AM
I want to thanks EVERYONE that replied to this thread. I decided to reinstall everything, following the OS instruction to the letter...the car started and ran fine. As always, great support from a great forum and a great product.

BowlingSS
May 7th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I want to thanks EVERYONE that replied to this thread. I decided to reinstall everything, following the OS instruction to the letter...the car started and ran fine. As always, great support from a great forum and a great product.
I am glad everything worked out OK. The first time I loaded an COS I have one table with the wrong properties and it did the same thing. People here do help.:cheers:

Bill