PDA

View Full Version : New update - speedo calc. still funky

Boost
May 4th, 2007, 06:20 AM
I have the latest version of the software (7.4.2). I recently tuned an '07 classic 3500 LBZ truck, and when I went into the speedo calculator to adjust for the 22" aftermarket wheels and tires, it did not change the parameters in the tune when I hit apply. I had to manually type in the new value from the speedo calculator. I thought this was an issue with the previous version, and fixed now. (???)

IdahoRob
May 4th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I have the latest version of the software (7.4.2). I recently tuned an '07 classic 3500 LBZ truck, and when I went into the speedo calculator to adjust for the 22" aftermarket wheels and tires, it did not change the parameters in the tune when I hit apply. I had to manually type in the new value from the speedo calculator. I thought this was an issue with the previous version, and fixed now. (???)

I had to manually adjust, but it was close to what the calc. said. I tested with a gps and needed to adjust a bit because of major tread wear.:D

Boost
May 5th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Mine did not change at all until I typed it in.

06bowtie_guy
May 6th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I beleave they said in the release not to use the tire calculator thing on the LBZ/LMM trucks because it isn't setup right yet. Maybe I missed an update since that one. :nixweiss:

Woops, just found out I live under a rock, I'm one update behind.

JAY4SPEED
May 24th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Sorry, I'm new to tuning and especially diesels. I'm just trying to adjust the speedo only for taller tires in a customer's '06 LBZ . Are you guys adjusting the ECM speedo file or the TCM speedo file on these diesels for speedo correction? I saw where in the ECM it wouldn't let me apply the correction in the speedo calc (also had a note stating that wasn't ready in this release) to the speedo setting but in the TCM it will allow it and will adjust the shift schedule also. I'm assuming your supposed to do all the speedo correction in the TCM, would that be correct? Also, is there anything else I should be looking at while in there?

Thanks,
Jay

Boost
May 24th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I have already tried to adjust for taller tires on 3 different LBZs. (two '07s and one '06). Each time it would not apply the new value from the calculator to the tune, BUT it can be typed in manually and saved. My question: does this actually affect the speedo and the odometer, because so far it "SEEMS" to be accurate, and the value stays in the tune. Thanks.

IdahoRob
May 25th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I have already tried to adjust for taller tires on 3 different LBZs. (two '07s and one '06). Each time it would not apply the new value from the calculator to the tune, BUT it can be typed in manually and saved. My question: does this actually affect the speedo and the odometer, because so far it "SEEMS" to be accurate, and the value stays in the tune. Thanks.
I did mine this way and then checked with a GPS. Worked great.

floriduramax1
May 25th, 2007, 12:10 AM
The correct size can be typed in and it adjusts both. The only thing I have found is that its not exact.For example my tires are 315 70 17 bfgat's if I enter this the calc. gives me a value of 586.9, when I check with GPS I have to correct it to 600 revs. I have done this to several trucks and this seems pretty consistant.

tblu92
February 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
I know this is an old thread---BUT It wasn't answered---Do we make the manual changes in the ECM (engine)or in the TCM (Trans) tables ????

LBZ
February 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
I did mine this way and then checked with a GPS. Worked great.

X2 :)

1slow01Z71
February 25th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I got the value from the calculator and typed it in the field. Compared to my buddies srt8 and its within a mph of his. But for some reason now when I set the cruise after a couple mile the service brake system prompt comes on and the abs and parking brake light comes on. Im not sure what is causing that, only thing that has changed is I went to 35s and adjusted accordingly in EFI.:nixweiss: