PDA

View Full Version : Blank 12200411 PCM

joecar
May 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM
If I get a "blank" 12200411 PCM, I can do a full flash to it, would that be correct...?

Doc
May 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Um yes, if I get your question right. You have a "new" pcm and want to do a full flash. The only stipulation I can see is making sure the correct VIN shows up in the scanner after the full flash and inputing it via the scanner if need be.

hquick
May 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM
I hope so Joe, I'm waiting on one (a spare) from over your neck of the woods.
$90.....which is unbelievable!

Are you in Orange County Joe?

joecar
May 5th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Doc, I'm getting a spare and I'm wondering if a "blank" pcm contains flash loader code or if it's really "blank". Does entering the VIN in the tunetool's calibration tab write the VIN into the pcm...? What does the BCC field do...?

Howard, yes I'm in Orange County. :)

ScarabEpic22
May 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM
I think someone on here asked this a little bit ago, and I heard that all PCM/ECM/TCMs have some sort of minimum bootloader code b/c otherwise how could the Tech II connect to it? I think it should work...

hquick
May 5th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Try this forum....they're/we're all doing the 0411 swap. Some are using brand new 0411's out of the box.
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=e2e70c14ebfba18b46bc6666c85dd57f

http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3240

Joe, I'll be in LA from the 11th of June until the 26th of June....I was just curious!

EDIT: Are you an Aussie? I'll bring you a jar of Vegemite :D

joecar
May 5th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Howard,

Yes I am, I already have a jar of Vegemite in my fridge. :D

Where in LA are you going...?

Joe

hquick
May 5th, 2007, 11:13 AM
HI Joe,
I practice Japanese Swordsmanship and my teacher lives in San Gabriel.
I'll be staying with him for 2 weeks.
I usually stay in a Hostel in West Hollywood. Been making the trip for....this will be the 8th time I think.
After that to visit a buddy in Virginia and then to AZ where another expat lives...he's also an ex funny car crew chief (Jim Walton Racing).

EDIT: what about a pollywaffle, or some Minties????

joecar
May 5th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Yer... we're everywhere mate... :cheers:

A Cherry Ripe would be nice... :cheers:

We'll have to go to lunch or something.

hquick
May 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Lol! OK....Lunch and a Cherry Ripe it is!
I'll bring you a few of the large ones!

joecar
May 5th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Cool... :cheers:

hquick
May 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Standard shopping list for my mate in AZ is:
-1.5kg tub of Vegemite
-1.5kg tub of Keens Hot English Mustard (for his ham and cheese sanga's)
-Bottle or two of Bundy
-Couple of blocks of Cadbury's....or some Freddo's.
:D

Doc
May 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Doc, I'm getting a spare and I'm wondering if a "blank" pcm contains flash loader code or if it's really "blank". Does entering the VIN in the tunetool's calibration tab write the VIN into the pcm...? What does the BCC field do...?

Yes, entering the VIN and BCC data via the scan tool actually "writes" the info to the pcm.

I am not really sure what the BCC is/does other than the definition provided in the tuning manual.

"BCC: Broadcast code. This is a form of PCM identification; you may set this value to any 4 alpha-numeric identifier.

joecar
May 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Doc, thanks. I noticed we can change the BCC, but I don't know what the PCM does with it.

hquick
May 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Is it possibgle to clone a PCM?
I mean...when my spare, blank unit arrives, can I clone it exactly or will I have to use another licence on it? I want to just put it on the shelf incase I ever damage the one I have.

joecar
May 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Standard shopping list for my mate in AZ is:
-1.5kg tub of Vegemite
-1.5kg tub of Keens Hot English Mustard (for his ham and cheese sanga's)
-Bottle or two of Bundy
-Couple of blocks of Cadbury's....or some Freddo's.
:DMy mum lives near the Cadbury plant in Hobart. :cheers:

Oh yeah, Freddos were good, and so were Smarties ("...Do you eat the red ones last...").

Doc
May 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Is it possibgle to clone a PCM?
I mean...when my spare, blank unit arrives, can I clone it exactly or will I have to use another licence on it? I want to just put it on the shelf incase I ever damage the one I have.

AFAIK,
No, each pcm has a "electronic serial number" as you can see in your licensing tab in the tuning tool. That is what you are actually licensing.

hquick
May 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah...that's what I thought Doc. :frown:
Thanks

shallow bay
May 6th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Where are you guys purchasing these PCM's from? I'm getting ready to convert my 98 to an 02, but I've had no luck in finding one.

Thanks!

joecar
May 6th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I saw some on being sold by PCMamerica on ebay for US$99, but I want to try Black02SS or wait4me on this forum.

hquick
May 6th, 2007, 06:43 PM
PM Stealth97...he's about to buy another lot. Last time he bought 10 and got them for $90ea.

joecar
May 7th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Ok, thanks.

hquick
May 7th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Oh...and he's in LA.

joecar
May 7th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Ok... I'm travelling over the next week so I'll hit him after that. :cheers: