PDA

View Full Version : Hole location for wideband o2 cable

98ls1blackbird
May 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I am trying to find a hole big enough to get the LM-1 wideband connector through on my 98 Trans Am. Did you guys with F bodies have to make a new hole, approx 1 1/4", and if so where, and is there a grommet to seal it up? Any help is going to be appreciated as I do not want to just randomly punch a large hole in my floor pan. Thanks.
John

SSpdDmon
May 8th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Well, I just ran mine through the door just below that black triangle thing that the mirror mounts to. The weather stripping is somewhat forgiving. It runs along the firewall from the B1S1 location, past the brake booster, out the hood, and through the door. I'd take pics, but don't have access to a cam right now and the car is going to the shop this weekend (LS7 clutch). :)

hquick
May 9th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Mine's not a Trans Am but is this possible?
Through from the kick panel use the wiring boot to get into the inner guard area and then up through there into the engine bay and down to the O2 sensor.
No holes!

ChipsByAl
May 9th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't cut the car up unless this is for a permanent installation. Also only use a 3/4 inch hole and feed the LM1 side of the cable through it. No sense in getting the larger of the two connectors through the firewall. Behind the PCM is a small harness with gromment that goes through the firewall. You could add the harness to this and have both go through the gromment. I would recommend a rubber sealant to retain the sealing.
AL

98ls1blackbird
May 10th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Thanks guys,
These are great ideas, I will explore all of them. If I do have to cut a hole and I go with the 3/4" one, I can find a split rubber grommet to fill it.

BowlingSS
May 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I have a LC-1 and I went throught the:cheers: hole under the driver seat. I just cut the rubber plug. My controller is under the car.

Bill

98ls1blackbird
May 13th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Well,
I got it in, I pulled the PCM out and routed through the existing grommet. Now all I have to do do is get my long tubes mounted so I will have an O2 bung to put the WB sensor in. Then I can start tweaking the tune. Thanks again guys.