PDA

View Full Version : scan tool wont see wb

minytrker
May 10th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I just plugged my lm1 into my V2 box and for some reason it wont register. The scan tool acts like the wb isnt plugged in. I have had v2 since it cam out along with the same pc setup. I tune almost everyday and all of a sudden the pc doesnt see the wb. I checked the analog out of the wb with a meter and its putting out voltage like it should. Any idea's? I have 4 cars to tune tomorrow morning.

Doc
May 10th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Unplug everything and start over. Sounds like a communications problem.

minytrker
May 10th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Tried that several times with no luck. I tried my V1 and its works fine so that means its something in the V2 box or something to do with it atleast.

minytrker
May 11th, 2007, 11:03 AM
I think it is my V2 box. :help2:

mr.prick
May 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM
are your analog outs programmed?
do u have the right pids selected?
are your ad inputs calibrated?
dumb questions but maybe they will help.

minytrker
May 11th, 2007, 05:07 PM
are your analog outs programmed?
do u have the right pids selected?
are your ad inputs calibrated?
dumb questions but maybe they will help.

yes, yes, and yes...i have tune many, many cars with my v2 and a wideband. i tune almost everyday and never had a problem. i plugged the wb into the v2 and nothing now.

mr.prick
May 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM
maybe the driver for the wideband? in your first post you said the pc didn`t see it as well
or did you mean the v2 box only?
maybe the analog out are dead.

Beer99C5
May 11th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Did you try and see if it would log using one of the other inputs (AD2-4, assuming AD1 was you origional WB input ?).

Blacky
May 11th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Using the FlashScan V2 keypad to select the self test option:
F4->F4->F4
That will show you the values of the AD inputs (1 thru 4).
Try connecting the WB to each of the 4 inputs to see if they show correct (or any) data.

Obvious question, you do have the WB plugged into the correct A/D input on FlashScan - right?

Regards
Paul

minytrker
May 12th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Using the FlashScan V2 keypad to select the self test option:
F4->F4->F4
That will show you the values of the AD inputs (1 thru 4).
Try connecting the WB to each of the 4 inputs to see if they show correct (or any) data.

Obvious question, you do have the WB plugged into the correct A/D input on FlashScan - right?

Regards
Paul

The wb wont work in any plug, I tried all of them. Yes it was plugged into the correct one, I use 1 for the wb. I didnt see any data, I will try again today and see, but it looks like the analog part of the v2 box is dead. So right now to tune I have to use my v1 to log and my v2 to flash, which is a big pain to keep switching and carring both cables. I tuned 4 cars like that yesterday and ready to pull my hair by ther end of the day.

Blacky
May 12th, 2007, 02:07 PM
The wb wont work in any plug, I tried all of them. Yes it was plugged into the correct one, I use 1 for the wb. I didnt see any data, I will try again today and see, but it looks like the analog part of the v2 box is dead. So right now to tune I have to use my v1 to log and my v2 to flash, which is a big pain to keep switching and carring both cables. I tuned 4 cars like that yesterday and ready to pull my hair by ther end of the day.

Just to confirm that the software calibration has not failed inside FlashScan V2, can you look at the F4->F4->F4 screen again that shows the analog voltages. However, this time press the F2 key to change the display from Volts to A/D counts. (Press F1 to change back to Volts).

The A/D counts display the raw input from the WB sensor.
The Voltages display the calibrated voltage after FlashScan has converted the A/D counts into a voltage. If the calibration values have been altered or reset, then it is possible that FlashScan will show 0V for all inputs all the time.

For a given WB input, can you let me know what the A/D count values show (F2) and what the Voltage values show (F1)?

Regards
Paul

Doc
May 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Just to add to the nagging nanny of naybob questions list....

If you put a voltmeter on the orange connector standard screws and command your WB to put out solid voltages (like checking ground offset values); are you getting said values? Just trying to rule out all possible bad actors.

:)

Edit: I guess if your V1 has no problems...sorry man.

minytrker
May 13th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Its not reading anything. On either screen the display doesnt change, I think it was reading 0 or 1 I dont remember off the top of my head. It was reading the same thing if I had the wb plugged in or not.

Just to confirm that the software calibration has not failed inside FlashScan V2, can you look at the F4->F4->F4 screen again that shows the analog voltages. However, this time press the F2 key to change the display from Volts to A/D counts. (Press F1 to change back to Volts).

The A/D counts display the raw input from the WB sensor.
The Voltages display the calibrated voltage after FlashScan has converted the A/D counts into a voltage. If the calibration values have been altered or reset, then it is possible that FlashScan will show 0V for all inputs all the time.

For a given WB input, can you let me know what the A/D count values show (F2) and what the Voltage values show (F1)?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 13th, 2007, 12:18 PM
The simplest and most effective test to see of the A/D converters are faulty or not is to just use a new battery as shown in the picture.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
May 13th, 2007, 04:43 PM
The simplest and most effective test to see of the A/D converters are faulty or not is to just use a new battery as shown in the picture.

Regards
Paul

I just tried that and the display never changed on any input. It stayed at 1 on of them. I even tested the new batt with a meter to make sure it was good.

Blacky
May 13th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I just tried that and the display never changed on any input. It stayed at 1 on of them. I even tested the new batt with a meter to make sure it was good.

Well that will be the first one that has had the A/D inputs fail.

You had better send it back to the place of purchase for a warranty repair/replace.
If you purchased directly from EFILive's web site, send me an email at paul@efilive.com and I'll give you the details that you need to send it back.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
May 13th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Thats just the luck I have, hey Im first at something now:bash: . I sent you an email.

Well that will be the first one that has had the A/D inputs fail.

You had better send it back to the place of purchase for a warranty repair/replace.
If you purchased directly from EFILive's web site, send me an email at paul@efilive.com and I'll give you the details that you need to send it back.

Regards
Paul