PDA

View Full Version : $L60E Transgo HD2-A

Ritch
May 14th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I installed this kit in 2001 after a few stinky oil changes.

For some reason I figured it was supposed to make it full manual. Anyways, I blindly installed and ran super hard till last summer when it finally died. There was no plate material left. This is where the money comes in. I has the tranny guts replaced and left the kit in.

Last fall I played with the preasure tables and smothened things out somewhat. This year, (just insured again) I noticed the force motor current stuff. I think that might be a better way to counter the mayhem. Opinions?

The kit replaced various valve body springs, 1-2 shift valve, boost valve and bushings. Also involved was the drilling of holes in the valve body plate. When my tranny guy called Transgo, they said they didn't think the kit would work in a stock transmision. I got 50,000km. What I noticed from the kit was that the shifts were instantanious. The kit unhooked the preasure control and increased oil preasure regulation by changing the boost valve and spring. Like I said instantanious. After 30k of abuse I had the oil changed and tried hooking PC up again. The truck did not want to roll forward. It seemed the extra preasure (read full pres) was needed to overcome one of those nasty little springs. So, I ran without preassure control until it pounded its guts out. I now run with the PC conected and can control things not too bad. Really enjoy the tow/haulass button! Kudos for GM for thinking of it. Now, I'm thinking of setting the preasure values back to stock and vary the force motor tables instead. I think this should do the same result.
I think I may max the shift time values in normal mode aswell. Any advice is good. I have rebuilt one 700R4 2 years ago and changed a few filters over the years. That is the limit of my knowlegde. To do it again I would have bought the 5spd,4.8 ..

Doc
May 14th, 2007, 08:31 PM
This is the exact reason why I donot like the "Once your there, you can't go back" part of the whole Transgo Kit without a tear down. Servos, clutches, hard parts ok...

Chevy366
May 15th, 2007, 04:30 AM
I have a TransGo in my $L80E , I did just what you are thinking I went back to close to stock shift timing (.03) , no increase in trans line pressures .
I had a Dyno tune done on my truck before I got EFILive , the guy that did it tuned the trans way out and it shifted weird , lucky I had used a well known tuner from this site (Wait4me) for the original tune and was able to get him to re-flash it back .
Although the $L80E is slightly different , I believe with the increased pressure from the springs that are in the kit it is intended to be run with stock PCM setting and still achieve a good shift .
The kit I have you can do a full manual shift if you want , not me , and it will grab 2nd and chirp the tires if you so wanted :) (depended on size of hole drilled in plate , soft 0.46 , normal 0.49, firm 0.55 ) .
I did firm at first , way to hard , felt like someone running into you from the rear (did a shot peen to the hole reducing size to normal , shifts fine now) .

ScarabEpic22
May 15th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I had a Transgo HD2 kit installed in my 4L60E, but it basically made me loose 4th gear and TCC lockup. Had to take it to a trans shop where my force motor was replaced and my valve bodied removed and changed back to all stock parts. Now with just a 1-2 Vette servo, stock base pressure, .1 shift times, no TM in engine or trans. Shifts like a beast, I spin the tires at 80%+ throttle from 1-2, wet or dry.

Ritch
May 19th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Well that worked nice. Now I drive funny. I'm still programmed to let off just before the shift. I basically shaped the graph convex instead of totally linear.

Also turned off trans learning related things. I have two knew freinds, labelled D3802 and D3803. I think they're sisters

joecar
May 19th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Ritch, welcome to the forum. :cheers: