PDA

View Full Version : 07 Silverado LBZ Fuel gauge

ntae
May 14th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Hi i have a Silverado come in the shop its had a bigger fuel tank fitted could any one give me some info on calibrating the fuel gauge , is the calibration in the dash or engine controller ?

Geoff

ChipsByAl
May 15th, 2007, 12:38 AM
If the truck is the old style PCM, the calibration is in the PCM.
Is this new fuel tank a factory unit? If so some factory settings would be available in a like vehicle. If not you could start with the size of the tank. The sender if not stock needs to be compatable with the stock sensor output. If the tank has already been installed you can add fuel and check the resistance output of the sender and chart it to help working the tables.
Al

GMPX
May 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Geoff, I think it is in the ECM, but we don't have any tank calibrations in the LBZ, you are the first one to ever ask, I would not have thought the request would come from an Aussie!!

Cheers,
Ross

ntae
May 15th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Its comming back in two weeks for me to have a play after the exhaust & intake has been fitted

the list for me so far

Fix the fuel gauge
Fix the speedo
and tune

the OZ people who import them tell me there is not way to calibrating the fuel gauge so far out there . Ross if you get time it could be a first in the lbz world for efilive

tbrduc747
May 27th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I was playing around with EFI today with a stock LBZ file from the library and noticed that there are no fuel cal file for the LBZ. I am getting EFI next week and in the near future would like to add a larger tank. It would be great to be able to recal the gage.

There was a good post on the Diesel Place about how to do this for a LLY.

Thanks.

tinman22
May 27th, 2007, 01:12 PM
X2 i'd also like to add a larger tank to my truck and could use the calibration

GMCfourX4
February 16th, 2008, 11:57 AM
X3.... I was bummed when I found out that it isn't available for LBZ after reading how the other DMax guys did it (my MPG is WAY low too, I wanted to correct that as well)

tbrduc747
February 17th, 2008, 02:12 AM
In the latest verion of EFI there is now a table available for the fuel gage.

F0101 Fuel Level Sensor Primary

GMCfourX4
February 17th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Excellent, I haven't spent much time with the new version yet... Any update on the DIC stuff (specifically the MPG calculation)?

kds4791
February 21st, 2008, 12:51 AM
The cal. files are available for the late operating system LBZ, but the early operating systems don't have that option.
I did the change on a couple of the late systems, but of course my truck is the early O.S. It would be nice if that option were made available to the early's also.
Thanks KDS

Trippin
February 21st, 2008, 04:51 AM
The larger tanks will not affect the fuel gauge as they generally don't make them any deeper just longer.

What will be affected is your DIC as far as a distance to empty reading.

tbrduc747
February 21st, 2008, 01:42 PM
I took delivery of my truck in Jan 2006 and am not sure of the orginal OS as I have had it in a couple of times for issues. Glow plug issue. Program issues with using the block heater. I think that the computer has ben updated a couple of times. I am currently at OS 12616698. I can see and update the fuel sensor table.

If you aren't up to the latest OS can you take the latest OS off of the library and reprogram your computer or are you missing something that isn't captured in the program? Perhaps someone more experienced with EFI can answer that.

In response to Trippin's comments about the tank being longer and the fuel sensor not needing to be updated I thought that there were other posts about the benefits of being able to recalibrate the sensor unit to get the correct reading on the guage.

We do we need to update the DIC??

kds4791
February 22nd, 2008, 12:45 AM
tbrduc747,

Thanks for the reply!!
My delivery date as well was January 2006, and I also had the glow plug reflash, but the O.S never changed. When I look at O.S upgrade tab it says that it is not supported.
Like you said, maybe someone with more experience will chime in. It would be nice to have the DIC working properly.
My Transfer Flow tank is about an inch and a half to two inches deeper than the stock tank. The first part of the gauge seems fine, but when the light comes on there is about 10 Gallons of fuel left.
Two other trucks I have adjusted the gauge on seem to be a little more realistic after the adjustment.
Thanks again for all the suggestions KDS