PDA

View Full Version : Lean in OL

minytrker
May 15th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I just tuned a camaro with a cam and bolt ons. I used COS#5 and it runs perfect in OL. As soon as I put in CLSD the car kept going real lean after the o2's cut on. While driving the car in OL the a/f was 14.6-14.7 when in CLSD it would go to 17-18 a/f. I kept going from CL to OL while driving with the scan tool and finally the o2's started working right it seemed and the a/f stayed around 14.7. I then went WOT and the a/f went up to 15 and I left out it. I tried on more time and same thing happened. I flashed it back to OL and went WOT and the a/f was 12.8 right where I had it when I did the tune. Any idea's Im lost. The o2 are brand new.

5.7ute
May 15th, 2007, 09:05 PM
This might be a stupid question but did you compare the O2 voltages when the wideband was connected to check that they were sane.

minytrker
May 16th, 2007, 03:20 AM
Yeah, thats the weird part. When first going to CL the o2's were going crazy after awhile the calmed down. Once they calm down you can drive around easy and they will work fine fine. If you go WOT the o2 will go crazy again and make the car go really lean.