PDA

View Full Version : 100 wet shot

ytry
May 18th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Hey guys I just installed zex wet system on my 1999 ls1. I was wanting to know if I could get some help tunning I have read some other forums and some say I need to do timing only and others say fuel richen and timing.. I have a stock engine with all free mods pcm tune 3 inch exhaust and I have the nitrous installed in the air lid just before the MAF. If anyone has any info that would be great:master:

Beer99C5
May 18th, 2007, 03:40 PM
A wet shot is easily tuned by changing the fuel jet up or down as needed (log AFR with a Wide band) and shoot for 11-12 on spray. Use the scan tool to monitor for KR and adjust timing as needed.

What you are describing though if your nozzle is in the air lid is a dry kit (only has one hose to it, being Nitrous, a wet nozzle has two hoses, one being nitrous and the other Fuel). Do not spray a wet nozzle through the MAF. A wet nozzle should be between the MAF and the Throttle Body.

ytry
May 18th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Ok I do have a fuel line and a nitrous line I went and took out timing and scanned it for KR. its running good! I do have the spray in front of the MAF>> what will it do to the MAF. I had read that on an lt1 to have it after the maf but on an ls1 it was ok to have it before because of the IAT.. Have I done a bad thing? The only place to put it after is on the rubber hose. How would I get a good seal there? any info would be great.. Thanks for the reply..

Beer99C5
May 18th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Your MAF has a group of wires that measure the airflow. You are basically spraying gas on wires that are ment for airflow only.

Wet nozzle kits are generally put in the air duct between the MAF and the Throttle Body. The nozzle should thread into a bung, the bung is installed in the air duct.

Got a pic of your intake to TB?

ytry
May 19th, 2007, 01:52 AM
I am out of town today but i will take one when i get back,, thanks for all the info.

Doc
May 19th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Yikes!

ytry
May 19th, 2007, 06:13 PM
ok im back in town and will take a pic tomorrow.. I hope I have not done anything..

Beer99C5
May 19th, 2007, 07:54 PM
http://www.zex.com/Base/Instructions/ZEX143.pdf

Instruction set for Zex LS1 kit
page 7 says put the nozzle 6"-18" from the TB

I would move the nozzle as I said, then clean the MAF with CRC MAF cleaner and start logging.

If you have not noticed any drivability issues yet, your probably OK.