PDA

View Full Version : Passed nc emissions but efi shows -not ready

dbaxter_ss
May 16th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Not sure what is up, every time I scan my SS it shows during the "Retrieve all test results", System Readiness Tests(EPA) INCOMPLETE, then Oxygen sensor Heater - Not Ready.

I went to the testing center and figured since NC lets you pass with 1 not ready ( or thats what I was told ) I would try and if I failed at least this is an easy one to fix and just get more driving cycles in.

Well I went through the testing and the NC inspection station showed all the tests passed. Everything. No not ready's, no failed, just all passed.

One other thing is that prior to going there 2 times, once in my works parking deck I did the - Start the car, let it idle with the a/c on full blast and rear window defogger one, sterio ( as much load as possible ) for at .east 2 1/2 minutes ( efi showed this same - not ready ). I did this again after leaving the gym getting ready to goto the station and it once again showed - not ready.

Something not being read right, they were pretty picky going over every little possible thing so I am pretty sure their OBDII was working correctly?

Blacky
May 26th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Don't know why it would be different to the testing station, is it still saying not ready? If so, can you send me an error report (Ctrl+G) after EFIlive has retrieved and displayed that "not ready" information.
Thanks
Paul

Brains
May 27th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Back-in-the-day I helped B&B get their OBD-II monitors straight :lol: They had a few backwards

dbaxter_ss
May 27th, 2005, 09:02 AM
sure next time I go out and log

Blacky
May 27th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Back-in-the-day I helped B&B get their OBD-II monitors straight :lol: They had a few backwards

The bit flags for those test results are "ass-about" in my opinion. I am fairly confident that they are correct now though - it's been 5 years :shock: :shock:
However when Derrick gets me the Ctrl+G report I will know for sure.

The bit flags are (11 tests, 2 bits each - packed into 3 data bytes with 2 bits spare):
BIT 1
Test supported = 1
Test not supported = 0

BIT 2
Test complete = 0
Test incomplete = 1

The complete = 0 bit flag caught me out very early on.
It was initially programmed as test complete = 1 - causing all results to diplay the reverse of what they should have.

Paul