PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be done to swap to SD tune?

zapp168
May 21st, 2007, 05:48 AM
I realize that I need a 2 Bar MAP. Do I install the MAP, remove the MAF, and start re-tuning? I would need to turn off the MAF codes. What (basically)needs to be addressed in the tune?
Thanks.

vatman02
May 21st, 2007, 09:38 AM
if you look at the auto ve tutorial that will give you all the changes you will need to make and at the end it will explain how to leave it in sd mode you dont need the 2bar map sensor unless you are using a turbo/blower and you will have to change the map sensor seetings there is info on that in the custom os tutorial that you will need to read to upgrade to the custom os to run SD if im not mistaken

zapp168
May 22nd, 2007, 01:00 AM
Thank you, And yes I am running a turbo.

slowhawk
May 29th, 2007, 02:05 PM
You forgot to mention your car is a 1998;)

Easy,bring it to me with $$ and I'll set it up and teach you how to auto VE the car after we cut the existing VE tables in 1/2 to work with the 98's.

zapp168
May 30th, 2007, 09:20 AM
You forgot to mention your car is a 1998;)

Easy,bring it to me with $$ and I'll set it up and teach you how to auto VE the car after we cut the existing VE tables in 1/2 to work with the 98's.

That sounds really great!! When do you think we could do something like this?
Is that in half lengthwise? :lol:

slowhawk
May 30th, 2007, 12:19 PM
That sounds really great!! When do you think we could do something like this?
Is that in half lengthwise? :lol:

Sometime at my house. Just make sure you have a wideband that works with EFI live and a 2 bar MAP sensor. I can get you started and driving,then you can finish it off by logging ect.

TurboVet
May 31st, 2007, 04:57 PM
Sometime at my house. Just make sure you have a wideband that works with EFI live and a 2 bar MAP sensor. I can get you started and driving,then you can finish it off by logging ect.
Where are you located?