PDA

View Full Version : Power Enrichment questions

twadam
May 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM
I am new to tuning and am still working through my VE table which is coming along nicely ... most values are within +/- 5. I'm also struggling a bit with Open Loop since I do not have access to a WideBand O2 yet. I am coming to the realization that both Open Loop and PE tuning will require the WBO2 (to my knowledge they both ignore O2 sensor output). My biggest question is when is PE actually enabled ?

Okay, here is the info: I am using the 2001 Express Van as a base tune, which has the following criteria:

{B3608} Delay Before Entering PE = 65 sec.
{B3610} PE Delay RPM Bypass = 5200
{B3611} PE Delay Coolant Temp Bypass (upper) = 121 F
{B3612} PE Delay Coolant Temp Bypass (lower) = -40 F
{B3613} PE MAP threshold = 55 kpa

So is the above criteria mutually inclusive ? So in order to Bypass the 65 second delay ... the RPM has to stay above 5200 AND the ECT > 121 F AND MAP > 55kpa ? Or does only one of the above criteria have to be met in order to reach PE mode ?

Which leads me to my next question ... is there a PID to monitor/log when PE is reached ?

mr.prick
May 21st, 2007, 03:37 PM
{B3616}
is what you want to look at.
you select PID SAE.TP (absolute throttle position)

twadam
May 21st, 2007, 03:42 PM
{B3616}
is what you want to look at.
you select PID SAE.TP (absolute throttle position)

So the {b3616} table is what controls PE ... makes sense. Thanks.
Ah, yes ... TPS makes perfect sense to log/monitor if {b3616} is controling PE.

Anyone care to enlighten me on the other parameters I pointed out ?
Could they essentially be 'safeguards' to discourage PE until closed loop is reached ?

mr.prick
May 21st, 2007, 03:46 PM
get a wideband it is a must!

twadam
May 21st, 2007, 03:46 PM
I should also point out that this is a "MAFless" setup.

Lextech
May 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM
It is my understanding that you would set B3608 to 0. That way when it does meet the criteria to get into PE it won't have to wait 65 seconds before doing so.

twadam
May 22nd, 2007, 12:23 AM
It is my understanding that you would set B3608 to 0. That way when it does meet the criteria to get into PE it won't have to wait 65 seconds before doing so.

Thanks Lextech, that is where some of the confusion was. It almost seems as if the PE Mode is 'disabled' in the Express Van due to extreme parameters.

I'm still unsure if the {B3616} table alone will override any of the other 'criteria' I listed in the original post. Anyone know for sure ?
(ie., say {B3616} values were all TPS% = 50; Would that override or bypass
all the folowing parameters and ALWAYS hit PE Mode at >51% TPS ?)

{B3608} Delay Before Entering PE = 65 sec.
{B3610} PE Delay RPM Bypass = 5200
{B3611} PE Delay Coolant Temp Bypass (upper) = 121 F
{B3612} PE Delay Coolant Temp Bypass (lower) = -40 F
{B3613} PE MAP threshold = 55 kpa

I may do some experimenting tonight to try and figure this out.

Thanks all.

joecar
May 22nd, 2007, 03:48 AM
In addition to setting B3608 to 0, I would set B3610 to 400 rpm.

You want PE immediately as dictated by B3616 and B3613.

twadam
May 22nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
Well,
just as a follow up ... we did some experimenting with a 2000 FireHawk tonight. In looking at the PE Criteria the first thing I noticed was that
{B3608} was set to 0 (just as lextech and joecar mentioned).

The other huge difference was the {b3616} table itself. The TPS% was mostly around 50-65% TPS, very unlike the 90% in the Express Van tune.

The third piece of information I learned tonight, was that the O2 sensors do actually provide feedback during PE mode. I was mislead from other research that PE Mode was similar to Open Loop in that the O2 sensors did not provide useful data as feedback.

Oh, and I think I might have some opportunity to play with a WBO2 ! I have access to one now.

Do I need to install the software that came with it ... or can I just use EFILive to monitor/record the feedback via the Wideband O2 install tutorial found under the download section of this site ? It looks from the tutorial like it is just redirecting the WBO2 output back into EFILive into the NBO2 PID locations ... can anyone verify this ?

5.7ute
May 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
The third piece of information I learned tonight, was that the O2 sensors do actually provide feedback during PE mode. I was mislead from other research that PE Mode was similar to Open Loop in that the O2 sensors did not provide useful data as feedback.
I would like to see the research that come to this conclusion. Since PE is a richer than stoich mixture the o2 sensors will not be able to calculate the AFR with any accuracy. Also from my understanding any learnt fuel trims are added into pe mode which will prevent you from getting any relevant data for the ve table anyway.

As for the wideband it is connected through the external inputs in the flashcan. You will need to monitor the correct pid for the wideband output voltage. Out of the box the generic pids will be fine however if whoever you borrowed the wideband from has changed the output voltage you will need to change the pid to suit.

mr.prick
May 22nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
you will need to install the wideband software to program the analog output values (if it has software) , to read properly with the v1 or v2
witch ever you have.

twadam
May 23rd, 2007, 04:00 AM
I would like to see the research that come to this conclusion. Since PE is a richer than stoich mixture the o2 sensors will not be able to calculate the AFR with any accuracy. Also from my understanding any learnt fuel trims are added into pe mode which will prevent you from getting any relevant data for the ve table anyway.

As for the wideband it is connected through the external inputs in the flashcan. You will need to monitor the correct pid for the wideband output voltage. Out of the box the generic pids will be fine however if whoever you borrowed the wideband from has changed the output voltage you will need to change the pid to suit.

Thanks for your reply. What we did was set up 2 maps in the scanning software (one for bank1 and one for bank 2. We were watching the voltage for the O2 sensors (pre cat sensors) based on TPS% vs RPM. When in PE mode (WOT), the voltage showed .88x - .95x. My assumption prior to this testing was that the computer would force these values to be .445 like in OL. I read an article recently ( I believe the author was affiliated with "PCM for less".) that mentioned you could use the pre cat O2 voltage to get close and the voltages should be around .88x - .92x for max. effeciency. Again, I'm no expert ... just quoting the article.

BTW - the Firehawk is stock ... nothing done to it. This was strictly a learning lesson.

However, now that I have access to a WBO2, I probably will not use this apprach anyway. Thanks for the info on the WB, and the advice on the voltage matching the PID!

twadam
May 23rd, 2007, 04:03 AM
you will need to install the wideband software to program the analog output values (if it has software) , to read properly with the v1 or v2
witch ever you have.

Thanks ! I'll most likely be using FlashScan V1. And I think the WBO2 has software with it.

5.7ute
May 23rd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks for your reply. What we did was set up 2 maps in the scanning software (one for bank1 and one for bank 2. We were watching the voltage for the O2 sensors (pre cat sensors) based on TPS% vs RPM. When in PE mode (WOT), the voltage showed .88x - .95x. My assumption prior to this testing was that the computer would force these values to be .445 like in OL. I read an article recently ( I believe the author was affiliated with "PCM for less".) that mentioned you could use the pre cat O2 voltage to get close and the voltages should be around .88x - .92x for max. effeciency. Again, I'm no expert ... just quoting the article.

BTW - the Firehawk is stock ... nothing done to it. This was strictly a learning lesson.

However, now that I have access to a WBO2, I probably will not use this apprach anyway. Thanks for the info on the WB, and the advice on the voltage matching the PID!
Even though you get a voltage reading from the narrowband in PE you are still in open loop & the pcm will not adjust to any readings given. Before the ready availability of widebands the narrowband o2 sensors could be used as a rough guide in PE. Unfortunately the voltage output is not accurate away from stoich as exhaust gas temps will vary the voltage output. For example 880mv will be 10.2 to 1 at 900 deg C or 14.1 to 1 at 500 deg C. Too much variation for my liking.

twadam
May 24th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Even though you get a voltage reading from the narrowband in PE you are still in open loop & the pcm will not adjust to any readings given. Before the ready availability of widebands the narrowband o2 sensors could be used as a rough guide in PE. Unfortunately the voltage output is not accurate away from stoich as exhaust gas temps will vary the voltage output. For example 880mv will be 10.2 to 1 at 900 deg C or 14.1 to 1 at 500 deg C. Too much variation for my liking.

Ah, very interesting. So if I understand this right, in OL the PCM will not adjust based on the NBO2 readings AND these readings are 'forced' by the PCM to look 'perfect' at .445mv. However, in PE the NBO2 does provide voltage feedback. Granted this feedback is not used by the PCM to adjust VE, and the voltage itself can be inaccurate the further from stoich you are ?

So does this mean that even in CL ... the further from Stoich you are the less accurate the NBO2 is ? So the benefits of WBO2 could be summed up by saying it is more accurate over a broader temp and AFR range. Is WBO2 faster also ?

Looks like I have some learning to do on WBO2. I plan to try and hook up the WBO2 tonight, to see if I can get it to work. If so, I have high hopes of roughing in the entire OL table.

Thanks everyone for you feedback !

twadam
May 24th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I'm dealing with a Innovate Motorsports LM-1 WBO2 sensor. I tried calibrating the sensor ... however, the little red LED and momentary ground switch that comes with the kit concerns me. The LED is not lighting up. I have a feeling the LED might not work. I even tried to hook the LED straight to 12V power and ground ... still no light. Without the light working, I'm not comfortable that the WBO2 was calibrated properly. It says something about the LED flashing slow, then fast and then stay on steady afterwards.

Also, I was going to plug the output wires from the LM-1 into the FlashScan cable, but it seemed that the WBO2 PIDS were not activated. I mean they had an "X" on them as if they were not selectable. What's up with that ?
Can anyone tell me exactly what PID your using to monitor the WBO2 in EFILive and why my PIDS have an "X" on them ?

5.7ute
May 24th, 2007, 03:36 PM
You are actually using the LC-1 not an LM-1. I have had no experience with the LC 1 so I cant help you there .As for the pids you need to select which external port you are using as well as the corresponding pid.
Eg pids AD1 ,AFR LC11, ben LC11
AD2 ,AFR LC12, ben LC12.
You can right click on a pid & select more info if you have trouble getting them to work.

SSpdDmon
May 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM
I'm dealing with a Innovate Motorsports LM-1 WBO2 sensor. I tried calibrating the sensor ... however, the little red LED and momentary ground switch that comes with the kit concerns me. The LED is not lighting up. I have a feeling the LED might not work. I even tried to hook the LED straight to 12V power and ground ... still no light. Without the light working, I'm not comfortable that the WBO2 was calibrated properly. It says something about the LED flashing slow, then fast and then stay on steady afterwards.

Also, I was going to plug the output wires from the LM-1 into the FlashScan cable, but it seemed that the WBO2 PIDS were not activated. I mean they had an "X" on them as if they were not selectable. What's up with that ?
Can anyone tell me exactly what PID your using to monitor the WBO2 in EFILive and why my PIDS have an "X" on them ?
It sounds like you have the LC1 and not the LM1. Doesn't the LED have it's own seperate wire? Why would you hook it to a 12v source? I believe when I had my LC1, the LED was hooked to it's own wire and possibly the same ground as the system and analog grounds (which were the middle pin on the Flashscan connector).

As for the pid not working, you need to select EXT.AD1 or EXT.AD2 along with your WBO2 pid and your WBO2's BEN pid. Right clicking on a pid will usually have additional information - especially when other, supporting pids are required.

**Edit** I'm a slow typer. :(

twadam
May 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM
You are actually using the LC-1 not an LM-1. I have had no experience with the LC 1 so I cant help you there .As for the pids you need to select which external port you are using as well as the corresponding pid.
Eg pids AD1 ,AFR LC11, ben LC11
AD2 ,AFR LC12, ben LC12.
You can right click on a pid & select more info if you have trouble getting them to work.

Just the info I needed ! I see I can log both AD1/AD2 as well as LC11/LC12.
The PC I was on earlier tonight looked like all the WB PIDS were unselectable, by demo version I'm looking at now seems to have some available. I'll have to look closer at this on the other PC. Looks like I'll need to use pins C and E on the 3Pin external connector and log calc.afr_lc11 and calc.afr_lc12 PIDS.

What about pin D on the external connector ... do I need to hook a ground to this ?

edit:
Oh, and your probably right ... it must be the LC-1. I was looking at the innovate's site and I do not have the digital display (hence the goofy LED light and momentary ground switch).

twadam
May 24th, 2007, 04:03 PM
It sounds like you have the LC1 and not the LM1. Doesn't the LED have it's own seperate wire? Why would you hook it to a 12v source? I believe when I had my LC1, the LED was hooked to it's own wire and possibly the same ground as the system and analog grounds (which were the middle pin on the Flashscan connector).

As for the pid not working, you need to select EXT.AD1 or EXT.AD2 along with your WBO2 pid and your WBO2's BEN pid. Right clicking on a pid will usually have additional information - especially when other, supporting pids are required.

**Edit** I'm a slow typer. :(

The manual said to hook the red wire of the LED to the black (calibration) wire of the LC-1 harness. Then, that same black calibration wire to one end of the momentary switch ...

The other end of the momentary switch went to ground, the black wire of the LED goes to this same ground. Unfortunately I did not have a lot of time tonight.

So you grounded the entire system to the middle pin of the FlashScan connector ? I was grounding everything directly to the battery as well as pulling power directly from the battery.

edit:
Maybe I blew the LED by attempting to hook it directly to 12V ?

mr.prick
May 24th, 2007, 04:13 PM

LOL
my lc-1 calibration wire(black) didn`t work out of the box.
use your pc to check your wide band function.
that way you know for sure if it`s calibrated right.
i don`t know about the lm1 but the lc-1 reads 20.8 when the exhaust system is free of gasses.

twadam
May 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM
LOL
my lc-1 calibration wire(black) didn`t work out of the box.
use your pc to check your wide band function.
that way you know for sure if it`s calibrated right.
i don`t know about the lm1 but the lc-1 reads 20.8 when the exhaust system is free of gasses.

I'll check this next chance I get. I was able to connect the software to the WBO2, but did not have the time to experiment. If there is a way to calibrate it through the software ... I'll just disconnect that LED and Momentary Ground Switch.

Chevy366
May 24th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I'll check this next chance I get. I was able to connect the software to the WBO2, but did not have the time to experiment. If there is a way to calibrate it through the software ... I'll just disconnect that LED and Momentary Ground Switch.
You can verify the operation of the wideband with software but I don't think you can do calibration other than Voltage and Lambda or AFR for the analog outputs . If you start the software as soon as you turn the ignition on you can see it go through the heater calibration and then you can hit the momentary switch and watch the free air calibration process , bounces between 20.8 and 20.9 for 2 minutes .

S10Wildside
May 25th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Well, I got the WBO2 hooked to the car and after some fumbling was able to connect and calibrate the sensor (I'm guessing the calibration worked since I did not have the LED hooked up ... and the Free Air reading was dead on 20.8)

I was also alble to log the data through EFILive with the help of everyone on this forum ... THANKS!

Now onto the results:
I'm logging both AFR_LC11 and AFR_LC12 PIDs, but am getting two different readings (one is a bit richer than the other). Which one should I be looking at ? Can someone please review my log and advise me on which might be correct. BTW - the WBO2 is in Bank1 exhaust, the NBO2 that was there is still hooked to the wiring harness just secured out of the way. Bank2 still has the NBO2 in place.

Overall, I can see that I'm running rich and need to lean out the Open Loop commanded AFR.

One more thing, you can see from the log ... that we never hit CL. I really expected to hit CL with the amount of time/distance we drove. Any thoughts on that ?

Thanks in advance.

twadam
May 25th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I posted that last one under someone elses account by accident.

How close to stoich should I be striving for in OL ? 13.5, 14.0, 14.7 ?

Originally the OL table values were mostly 14.7 ... but the car ran terrible.
After richening it to where it is now, it feels much more streetable.

mr.prick
May 25th, 2007, 04:56 PM
i think you should select some different pids.

S10Wildside
May 25th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I posted that last one under someone elses account by accident.

Ah, now that's what you get for borrowing my laptop. :doh:

twadam
May 26th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Okay, I've made more progress from last night. The car now goes into CL as it should. However once it hits CL, the engine goes completely lean (according to the WBO2 - 20:1 AFR) and runs terrible. :eek:

However if I disconnect the WBO2 completely and reconnect the NBO2 ... the same calibration will be completely driveable. :Eyecrazy:
I think I have something wired wrong.

To get to the point where we were reaching CL properly I did the following:
1) NBO2 sensor Bank 2 was left alone (still connected to PCM harness as normal)
2) NB02 sensor Bank 1 has both heater wires connected from the PCM. The other two wires coming from the PCM ("Heated O2 low" and "Heated O2 high") are connected as follows: "low" wired to ground, and "high" is connected to the Brown Analog output wire of the WBO2 Controller.
3) The Yellow analog wire from the WBO2 controller is connected to pin "C" of the EFILive interface cable.
4) The WBO2 analog grounds are wired into the center pin of the EFI Live interface cable (pin "D").
5) Then obviously the WBO2 red is connected to switched power, and the blue is grounded to the engine.

I have attached two logs which were captured using the exact same calibration). One with the WBO2 connected as above, the other with the WBO2 completely removed.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what might be hooked up wrong on the WBO2 ?

*edit* - CALC.AFRLC12 is the PID the WBO2 is using along with AD2 PID (external analog voltage).
I also noticed something strange on the SampleWBO2 log where STFT Bank 1 is constantly neg. percentages. I'm not sure how to interpret that.

joecar
May 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM
The PCM sees HO2S11 pegged at 1.1 V (this is the voltage across "Heated 02 high" and "Heated 02 low")...

You need to connect "Heated 02 low" directly to the LC-1 green wire.

twadam
May 27th, 2007, 12:09 AM
The PCM sees HO2S11 pegged at 1.1 V (this is the voltage across "Heated 02 high" and "Heated 02 low")...

You need to connect "Heated 02 low" directly to the LC-1 green wire.

Interesting, So "Heated O2 low", LC-1 white and green all get grounded at a common ground which is pin "D" of the EFILive interface connector. One of the things I want to try today is actually grounding white and green to the motor and then running a wire from that ground back to pin "D". I was assuming pin "D" could be used as a ground (maybe not).

So, I woke up this morning with another idea. I'm looking for verification. Could I have just programed the LC-1 wrong? I followed the directions (tutorial in EFILive), where the analogs were programmed as follows:
1V = 10:1 AFR
2V = 20:1 AFR
and
.883V = 10:1 AFR
4.216V = 20:1 AFR

(but the directions mentioned a Dyno Display ... not mimicing a NBO2 output)

AFter re-visiting the log this morning ... I'm assuming the .883V/4.216V is being used for the WBO2 values. I just picked the External PID that made sense to me and disconnected the other one (yeah, I know the log showed volts at both External ports, but one port did not have a wire attached to it).

Anyway, I just can't help that logic tells me, mimicing a NBO2 output from the LC-1 back to the PCM should be programmed as follows:

.0V = 20:1 AFR
1.0V = 10:1

Since that is what the NBO2 output looks like normally. I will first try JoeCar's thoughts on grounding Heated O2 low with the green LC-1 wire. I'm also going to ground these at the motor and pin "D", since I don't know if pin "D" is already a ground or not.

Thanks for you continued help !

joecar
May 27th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Try setting the NBO sim voltages to:
0V = AFR 15.1
1V = AFR 14.3

The other programmed voltage/AFR points correspond to CALC.AFR_LC11/2:
0.883V = 10 AFR
4.216V = 20 AFR

If you still have problems, try this:
keep LC-1 green and white isolated from chassis/engine ground...
i.e. have it go directly to the NBO signal low pin and FlashScan pin D.

Green and white don't have to go to chassis/engine ground...
Green is called "analog ground", but a better name would be "analog return"... ;)
White is internally connected to green.

twadam
May 29th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Just wanted to give an update on this.
I guess the title to this thread really should have been "Innovate LC-1 installation simulating NBO2", after seeing how it progressed. After changing a few wires around and re-programming the lc-1 per Joecar's recommendation I think things are working correctly. Open loop seems to be working fine (although the voltage seems odd to me), and Closed loop now seems to run great. I've been able to dial in the VE real well with the WB. I'm not sure that it's 100% correct, but the car seems to run well with this current configuration.

Joecar, I would like to know how you knew to program the lc-1 for NB simulation. :master: I still can't find this anywhere (but it worked!).

Here's is everything I did to make this setup work:

I should point out up front that I'm using a custom pigtail on the NBO2 sensor. It basically plugs into the existing wiring harness and to the existing NBO2. Two wires still go to the NBO2, the other two are hooked with the LC-1 analog wires described below.

LC-1 red wire connected to switched power coming from Alernator (5A fuse)

LC-1 blue wire going to chassis/engine ground

Heated O2 low (pigtail from S10Wildside), LC-1 green and white wires all connected directly to pin "D" (middle external port) of EFILive interface cable.

LC-1 brown wire connected to Heated O2 high (pigtail from S10Wildside), which serves as simulated NBO2 return to PCM.

LC-1 Programming:

Analog 1 (yellow wire) -
.883V = 10.1 AFR
serves as WBO2 output to EFILive external interface (pin "C").
Uses PID EXT.AD2 in EFILive.

Analog 2 (brown wire) -
1.0V = 14.3 AFR
0V = 15.1 AFR
serves as NBO2 simulator back to PCM via pigtail from S10Wildside.

The results of this was:
in Open Loop HO2S11 PID showed 1.016V (this one confused me; I expected the PCM to see .445V)
in Closed Loop HO2S11 PID showed less than 1V (mimicing NBO2)
With ignition on;engine off HO2S11 showed .009V

joecar
May 29th, 2007, 07:30 PM
The LC-1 default settings for Analog 2 are pretty much 1V=14.3, 0V=15.1...
The LC-1 user manual pdf also shows the same/similar thing.
When you think about it after reading descriptions of the stock NBO2 you will see that makes sense
(voltage swings up/down between 0mV and 1000mV very rapidly thru the point 445mV=14.7).

HO2S11 will show 445mV only for AFR 14.7, so 1016mV shows "rich" (but you can't really say what the AFR is, unlike a wideband).

:cheers:

joecar
May 29th, 2007, 07:38 PM
How is your existing NBO2 connected (signal high and signal low disconnected...? power and ground connected...?)...?

twadam
May 30th, 2007, 12:25 AM
How is your existing NBO2 connected (signal high and signal low disconnected...? power and ground connected...?)...?

Your exactly right, attached is a VERY rough sketch of what the pigtail looks like that I'm using. I kept the NB connected to the PCM to prevent any diagnostic codes. The NB is just zip tied to the Oil filter hanging out in the wind.

And Open Loop is running rich ... expaining the 1.016V reading. I just didn't think it would be that high of a reading. I've been leaning it out a bit, it was around 12.5 in most cases. This car would not run well at all in OL at 14.7.

joecar
May 30th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Could be the NBO2 degraded over time.

voda1
May 30th, 2007, 03:55 AM
What 'Response Speed' should the LC1 be programmed to?

joecar
May 30th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Trying to remember what I set mine to, I think 1/3 or 1/6.

smslyguy
September 1st, 2009, 05:24 AM
Just wanted to give an update on this.
I guess the title to this thread really should have been "Innovate LC-1 installation simulating NBO2", after seeing how it progressed. After changing a few wires around and re-programming the lc-1 per Joecar's recommendation I think things are working correctly. Open loop seems to be working fine (although the voltage seems odd to me), and Closed loop now seems to run great. I've been able to dial in the VE real well with the WB. I'm not sure that it's 100% correct, but the car seems to run well with this current configuration.

Joecar, I would like to know how you knew to program the lc-1 for NB simulation. :master: I still can't find this anywhere (but it worked!).

Here's is everything I did to make this setup work:

I should point out up front that I'm using a custom pigtail on the NBO2 sensor. It basically plugs into the existing wiring harness and to the existing NBO2. Two wires still go to the NBO2, the other two are hooked with the LC-1 analog wires described below.

LC-1 red wire connected to switched power coming from Alernator (5A fuse)

LC-1 blue wire going to chassis/engine ground

Heated O2 low (pigtail from S10Wildside), LC-1 green and white wires all connected directly to pin "D" (middle external port) of EFILive interface cable.

LC-1 brown wire connected to Heated O2 high (pigtail from S10Wildside), which serves as simulated NBO2 return to PCM.

LC-1 Programming:

Analog 1 (yellow wire) -
.883V = 10.1 AFR
serves as WBO2 output to EFILive external interface (pin "C").
Uses PID EXT.AD2 in EFILive.

Analog 2 (brown wire) -
1.0V = 14.3 AFR
0V = 15.1 AFR
serves as NBO2 simulator back to PCM via pigtail from S10Wildside.

The results of this was:
in Open Loop HO2S11 PID showed 1.016V (this one confused me; I expected the PCM to see .445V)
in Closed Loop HO2S11 PID showed less than 1V (mimicing NBO2)
With ignition on;engine off HO2S11 showed .009V

does this same set-up apply to the 5 wire lc-1 as well?

joecar
September 1st, 2009, 07:09 AM
There's a 6-wire and 7-wire... they are the same except the 6-wire has no green wire.