PDA

View Full Version : nitrous solenoid stuck open log...

brokenfly
May 24th, 2007, 08:46 AM
nice little surprise today while doing some second gear to third runs on the bottle...(i knew something was amiss when the car took longer than normal to drop it's idle)...

check frame 325 on up as the nitrous continued to flow as the throttle was closed and i eventually got the bottle valve closed...

the IAT sensor was chilly man,chilly..:muahaha:

NX (lightning type solenoids),wet kit 125 shot,btw...i sent the solenoid off today to get it looked at...
i got lucky as the engine survived the chilly effects and my nerves got tested...:beer:

all hail the mighty LS1...:master:

brokenfly
May 25th, 2007, 08:08 AM
update...

NX called today and said they found some debris...shiny,so maybe thread shavings or something...

it appears one of the included solenoid pipe fittings acts as abit of a screen,it just looks like a standard solenoid pipe fitting(look inside one to see the small screen,which i had installed on out bound side of the solenoid)...that i didn't know...:bash:

oh well,at least the nozzle was filtered...:D

props to NX for calling me as i requested upon receiving the stuck 'noid...

purrvert
May 25th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I didn't believe that a stuck solenoid was survivable for your engine. That is really lucky!!

joecar
May 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM
You're logging 96 channels (61 pids) which means you get 0.5 frames per second...

This will give you very poor resolution and will not give you a good BEN map...

You need to cut down the number or channels to 24 by unselecting quite a few pids...

IAT downto 3°F in a few seconds.... pretty gnarly...

:)

Beer99C5
May 25th, 2007, 11:06 AM
You're logging 96 channels (61 pids) which means you get 0.5 frames per second...

This will give you very poor resolution and will not give you a good BEN map...

You need to cut down the number or channels to 24 by unselecting quite a few pids...

IAT downto 3°F in a few seconds.... pretty gnarly...

:)

I noticed that too (hey am I getting the hang of EFI Live finally :Eyecrazy:)

Brokenfly are you running a Nitrous filter? Turnaround time on NX checking the noid sure was quick!

brokenfly
May 25th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I didn't believe that a stuck solenoid was survivable for your engine. That is really lucky!!

shutting down the engine probaly saved it more than anything else i suppose,purv...a frozen shut throttle blade might have helped too...:D

now a non opening fuel solenoid while at wot would be messy...

joecar,i use just the 11 in olsd when tuning,and about 30 or so when i blackbox log at the track or when i am laptopless... but i will trim back on the pids as per the suggestion...

beer,i claim stupidity for rushing the kit to use without a filter somewhere in the line...this was only the second bottle on the kit,i taped the open fittings while routing hoses,etc.,blew the lines out after plumbing them,and maybe used too much sealant too while i assembled the fittings...

NX told me the debris was shiny and the redloctite was thick so i guess when i cranked down on the pipe fittings,i pushed some thread shavings into the solenoid...