PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Communicate with Flashscan

Chalky
May 24th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Install RR including licenses. Had to re-install factory PCM in today to get a all files from PCM to transfer to RR PCM.

Long story short, EFILive cannot communicate with Flashscan. My V2 only shows the 2nd from right flashing on screen.

Could this be because RR overwrote my original license?

cme265
May 24th, 2007, 01:41 PM
not sure of the post, but Tordne posted this....need to install rr drivers, then install flashscan drivers......i had the same problem...after i cleaned out the ftdi drivers, reinstalled, (found this by accident) device manager-usb drivers-properties-advanced-enable VCP....had a couple of nights ready to pitch the rr out of the window....i'm running vista so maybe different on different OS's

Chalky
May 24th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I don't feel quite so bad then. Just reminds me of how little I know anymore.

Never did get BT setup but after talking to Craig Moates, we are OK to go. I had issues with FTD drivers as well and also was trying to use EFI to upload a file to RR. Craig was a big help.

Tordne is a great help as well. Trying to talk him into quitting his job and devoting all of his time to EFI Forum.:D

cme265
May 24th, 2007, 02:05 PM
i never did get the BT up and running, i dont think it plays well with vista, when i loaded it, had no sound out of my laptop....will try again later....yes Tordne along with many others are a great help........